World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trials and tribulations and tantrums and dummies were All thrown out again last week after I left The ECCC at Driffield somewhat down in the dumps I wasn't gonna bother casting this week to give myself a break. As always my casting buddy Gaz would not leave me alone all week pestering me to come to NESA today. No I can't be arsed was my reply all week. Then yesterday I cracked and gave in explaning to him he's been basking in his victory over me all week. We arrived and again a new venue and a few new faces and a few old who made me feel more than welcome.
I stepped up for my 1st chuck a 150g bang down the centre at 244-1-4 smashing my PB for 150g which was 237. The smile had now returned and I began looking round for my dummy and teddy which I lost last week. But there was no point finding it cos Gaz then kept throwing them about for the next few rounds. I was well chuffed as you can imagine and tried to look glumly on my way back after each round so as not to make Gaz feel any worse. Anyway my day was going from strength to strength. Not one cast went below 240. We had a short break then I hit another PB with 125g of 247-0-6. Mission accomplished or so I thought I then went back to 150g and hit my new PB of 250-0-7yards. Now for those of you following my progress will know that 250 was my target for the end of the season and to reach it having only been casting 3 months I am well and truley chuffed to bits. Also today every cast more or less I hit 240+. As for my dummy spitting mate Gaz he stuck at it today and also hit a new all time PB of 241-0-3ish. So a good day for both of us. And as we drive the long trip home the champagne taste great and the cigars are bliss.
A big thanx again to you all at NESA for making me feel welcome and I would like to know if I'm still barred if so where's my £2. Oh and Steve Lemm can me an Gaz swop our badges for bigger ones?* *

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
a big well done col keep it up mate,i had a bit of a mare today with the casting.:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Col ,we decided to keep the £2 as we think casting with a more sophisticated club will do you good :D:D:D after all its brought your smaller travelling partner on no end :roll1::roll1: mind you we did worry about losing him in the long grass while we looked for crack offs :D:D:D
Well done both of you , top chuckin :clap:

·
Registered
99 Posts
well done coll see u at next nwsa told u biger drop .:victory:doze the trick.stuff the repoe. well done c u soon,

·
Registered
219 Posts
Col ,we decided to keep the £2 as we think casting with a more sophisticated club will do you good :D:D:D after all its brought your smaller travelling partner on no end :roll1::roll1: mind you we did worry about losing him in the long grass while we looked for crack offs :D:D:D
Well done both of you , top chuckin :clap:
Thanks bob,thought you were supposed to walk down the field with your rod to retrieve your lead and not leave it on the tripod:roll1::roll1::roll1: thanks for all the advice m8:happy:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx Bob and it's so true you can't beat a bit of freindly competition and I think to avoid losing Gaz in the grass we should leave him in the short stuff by the edge. But yeah top day.
And a big thanx to everyone for advice and encouragement but most of all the ribbing and p**s taking it's second to non and adds to an already great day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts