World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Doggiemagnet decided on a session down Hwtchins today (try and take the pain of breaking my whisker 2 weeks ago)..Got to Hwtchins and it was way too rough,"oh well" the pier it is then......Gets to the pier and its the usual doggy bashing going on.....Anyway we sets up and Doggiemagnet gets a smalleyed of about 2 lb (piccie below) first cast,good start...Needless to say the doggies weren,t far behind.......After catching a few doggies I cast one in close with a half mackerel in close for a conger.....A few taps later and a little slack liner I strike and connect with a lunker.I,m thinking conger as it refuses to come in and starts to peel off my line and going hell for leather amongst the rocks...After what seems an age my arms are aching and it finally surfaces ITS A HUGE BASS HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS IN?:g: When i started fishing 2 guys had a drop net each and they had gone and no one had a gaff .......Anyway I pulls it round to the steps and its only 6 feet way hooked in the bottom lip.:idea: So i shouts to Doggymagnet to get the butt section off my other rod, a nice big hook and some shockleader....After tying the hook to my rod butt with shock theres 4 of us looking at this bass praying...I hook it in the mouth but it pulls out:unsure: I,m thinking i cant lift it on the leader so tries again and up he comes:victory: It drops the scales round to 11lb 13oz my best fish ever....What a days fishing and thank god the rain held off.......Thanks to DOGGIEMAGNET and two other guys for your help...........................Thanks for all the messages lads as you all have said i dont think i,ll ever beat that and it goes some way to make up for the snapped whisker.......And yes i did take it home (who wouldn,t)and a few of my nieghbours are well chuffed...Might be in the Echo next week and i,ll be putting it in the sea angler.........Definately tking a gaff next time....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Superb! Well done!!!!

G

·
Me and Doggiemagnet decided on a session down Hwtchins today (try and take the pain of breaking my whisker 2 weeks ago)..Got to Hwtchins and it was way too rough,"oh well" the pier it is then......Gets to the pier and its the usual doggy bashing going on.....Anyway we sets up and Doggiemagnet gets a smalleyed of about 2 lb (piccie below) first cast,good start...Needless to say the doggies weren,t far behind.......After catching a few doggies I cast one in close with a half mackerel in close for a conger.....A few taps later and a little slack liner I strike and connect with a lunker.I,m thinking conger as it refuses to come in and starts to peel off my line and going hell for leather amongst the rocks...After what seems an age my arms are aching and it finally surfaces ITS A HUGE BASS HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS IN?:g: When i started fishing 2 guys had a drop net each and they had gone and no one had a gaff .......Anyway I pulls it round to the steps and its only 6 feet way hooked in the bottom lip.:idea: So i shouts to Doggymagnet to get the butt section off my other rod, a nice big hook and some shockleader....After tying the hook to my rod butt with shock theres 4 of us looking at this bass praying...I hook it in the mouth but it pulls out:unsure: I,m thinking i cant lift it on the leader so tries again and up he comes:victory: It drops the scales round to 11lb 13oz my best fish ever....What a days fishing and thank god the rain held off.......Thanks to DOGGIEMAGNET and two other guys for your help..
well wot can i say welldone mate:clap3: :clap3: that is one hell of a bass :1a: :1a: :1a:

·
Registered
176 Posts
What a fish! well done every thing else will be an anticlimax for the next few sessions.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hi mate
what an awesome bass rockling got his work cut out to beat you know i would be jumping with joy all night if i had it well done

tight lines

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
what an awesome fish! congrats. where is this hwtchins?

·
Registered
698 Posts
well done guys, we were fishing on the jetty opposite the pier and saw you looking down the back end of the pier and thought then that you had something tidy on, so i took a photo when you were by the steps (sorry bout quality!)......again, well done:clap3:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
excellent fish...well done...its going to be a long time till you break your pb now!!!!

john

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Me and Doggiemagnet decided on a session down Hwtchins today (try and take the pain of breaking my whisker 2 weeks ago)..Got to Hwtchins and it was way too rough,"oh well" the pier it is then......Gets to the pier and its the usual doggy bashing going on.....Anyway we sets up and Doggiemagnet gets a smalleyed of about 2 lb (piccie below) first cast,good start...Needless to say the doggies weren,t far behind.......After catching a few doggies I cast one in close with a half mackerel in close for a conger.....A few taps later and a little slack liner I strike and connect with a lunker.I,m thinking conger as it refuses to come in and starts to peel off my line and going hell for leather amongst the rocks...After what seems an age my arms are aching and it finally surfaces ITS A HUGE BASS HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS IN?:g: When i started fishing 2 guys had a drop net each and they had gone and no one had a gaff .......Anyway I pulls it round to the steps and its only 6 feet way hooked in the bottom lip.:idea: So i shouts to Doggymagnet to get the butt section off my other rod, a nice big hook and some shockleader....After tying the hook to my rod butt with shock theres 4 of us looking at this bass praying...I hook it in the mouth but it pulls out:unsure: I,m thinking i cant lift it on the leader so tries again and up he comes:victory: It drops the scales round to 11lb 13oz my best fish ever....What a days fishing and thank god the rain held off.......Thanks to DOGGIEMAGNET and two other guys for your help..
mate fish of a lifetime that enjoy the moment i would for sure well done ..:clap3:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts