World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has an 18 foot cobble with a 37kw onboard perkins engine, 8 crab posts 6 nets, fish finder radios and life jackets.

It is a wooden cobble that was taken out of the water 2 years ago and stripped and painted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Boats like these go by market value rather than guide price. So see what others are selling or recently sold for. A quick search shows asking price between 7 and 9 k. Personally I think that is a stretch. The nets and pots etc do not add value to the boat unless maybe as a going licenced concern. Although extras mentioned do sweeten a sale. Im no expert and when it comes to second hand value nobody is. So research what they actually sold for. Im guessing 6 to 7 k if in good condition, not just pretty

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would put it up for sale and see what's offered. You don't have to take any offer but it will give you an idea as to its worth. I know owners always seem to have an inflated thoughts as to the worth of their craft when trying to sell. There are several hulls I know of that have been offered at free to take that are still looking for a new home after years of waiting

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi John,
Sorry to hear of your loss.
If you get yourself onto a Facebook group called "Coble and Keelboat" they will give you an honest appraisal of the boat's value & how best to market her.
There are many Coble experts on the page.
Regards, Martin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts