World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of my fellow Americans are forum members on this website? I am one and live in South Carolina. Hey Wavedodger, when are you coming to SC? I could maybe take u fishing and show u somethings they dont show you in American Saltwater magazines. I wont charge u cash like a guide, but maybe for some UK tackle items i desire :)

G

·
I work offshore with a lot of "Southern boys" so have been swapping tackle with them. Flying condoms for bass etc go down well. Was just reading the bass pro spring catalogue, man their tackle is cheap. ABU 6500 left handed reel £40, bought one. Also waders etc are buttons stateside same with rods reels etc.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
I work offshore with a lot of "Southern boys" so have been swapping tackle with them. Flying condoms for bass etc go down well. Was just reading the bass pro spring catalogue, man their tackle is cheap. ABU 6500 left handed reel £40, bought one. Also waders etc are buttons stateside same with rods reels etc.
So this means we are still being riped off then by the tackle companys,nothing changes == PAT

·
Registered
272 Posts
Having fly fished for red drum in the Santee and Cooper river estuaries many times I would thoroughly commend South Carolina to my UK colleagues. Furthermore, having spent many years visiting the Great Satan (work related) ,I Believe SC has the friendliest people in the US (although Brits may have a problem understanding them, particularly out in the boonies) And if the fishing wasn't enough, there used to be a bar that served Guinness and played the blues next to an Indian restaurant in Charleston - Heaven !!

(PS to any Brits - if they go crappy fishing - they really are going for fish. Oh and one other thing - if a girl asks you if you want to shag - she means do you want to dance - can lead to some interesting misconceptions - in all senses of the word!)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Having fly fished for red drum in the Santee and Cooper river estuaries many times I would thoroughly commend South Carolina to my UK colleagues. Furthermore, having spent many years visiting the Great Satan (work related) ,I Believe SC has the friendliest people in the US (although Brits may have a problem understanding them, particularly out in the boonies) And if the fishing wasn't enough, there used to be a bar that served Guinness and played the blues next to an Indian restaurant in Charleston - Heaven !!

(PS to any Brits - if they go crappy fishing - they really are going for fish. Oh and one other thing - if a girl asks you if you want to shag - she means do you want to dance - can lead to some interesting misconceptions - in all senses of the word!)
Not as bad as when some chamber maid in the UK asked me what time I wanted to be "knocked up"

About the word shagged....about 40 years ago they brought out a carpet in the US..long loose fibres...they called it the shag carpet ....reason...after a month, or so it looked ...fu..ed

....that's all folks

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Not as bad as when some chamber maid in the UK asked me what time I wanted to be "knocked up"

About the word shagged....about 40 years ago they brought out a carpet in the US..long loose fibres...they called it the shag carpet ....reason...after a month, or so it looked ...fu..ed

....that's all folks
Bet they had plenty of sales for the carpet == PAT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts