3,871 Posts
Well done Luke, nice cod

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Nice 1 luke. Full reply to follow as still in bed trying to get on my wife :D

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Hope you have a jolly good session:yeah:
Hope there is a full frontal piccy report later, the wife not you of course......

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers for the comments guys

Well the mission started at 6.30 Saturday morning went and picked steve up then loaded the van . After collecting bait and a years supply of red bull we ended up on the beach at 9.45

Originally the plan was to make the strut to the bridging camp but upon getting there I couldn't be bothered to walk that far so found a spot just at the beginning of the wooden poles

We was full of hope as passed a chap with a 6lb cod in his bag and another with a 12lber sat next to his shelter

Well it was crap only small pout caught around us and me and steve still blanking

Steve was the first in with a small pout,then me with a dry crusty dead pout that I managed to foul hook when reeling in my gear up the beach. although it was very dead it was still a fish so I was counting it (anyone who disagrees with this please pop your comments on the back of a post card and send to PO BOX 16748)

And then we waited and waited and waited until around 11 when steve had a nice slack liner upon striking I made a comment I wouldn't rush it's only a dog and it was

So at midnight after 12hrs fishing and not catching anything I was starting to lose interest so started watching tv this continued until 3.30 when I had a monster pull down then slack liner hit into it and fish on woooooooo after a short fight this little chap was on the beach yes yes yes I had finally caught something living and it was the fish we was here for.

He was tempted onto my hooks with a 5 fresh black sausage tipped off with a whole squid

And that was it no other fish or bites until we left at 9 happy that our first cod trip had been successful

Anyway I ain't goin to bore you anymore

Peace out
Luke

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Ha ha ha.
Nice dead fish. Thats a diff catch lol .
Will defo be up for that next trip u mentioned :D

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts