World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Landed my first skate today aboard Catchalot with Davy Holt. The girl weighed in at 132lb and took me 20 minutes to land. We landed a few pollock the best of the lot being gasheds 5 1/4lb. The weather was a bit miserable with the tides doing things they weren't supposed to, but it was an enjoyable day with a few fish caught.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
nice one ads ,will have to keep on to davy and get a shot of this boat stuff well done mate lovely fish and gashed that is a cracker of a pollack nice one fellas ,the moray chapter strike again

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Well done mate, what monsters! Best you update your user profile:)

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
well done ads its a great experince,one that stays with u for ages,and good when u meet a bragger at the pub

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well done Adam :clap3: :clap3:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
just read one of the mags will you still talk to us now you are famous ads :) that pier has got to be one of the ugliest marks i have seen on the west coast but the fishing can be so good :) :) once again mate nice one on the skate:)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. She just let me pull her up a few small lunges back down but nothing drastic. Almost as if the fish knew I have a dodgy back. Chances are the next won't be as kind... :boat:

We had a few LSD's but pulling them up 400ft is no fun, the spurs never came out to play today though.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Did I not say you were in with a chance? Did I not!! :D

Well done mate, top catch that! Better than the 4 doggies and a whiting that I caught tonight. ;)

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,
Hiya,
Thanks guys. She just let me pull her up a few small lunges back down but nothing drastic. Almost as if the fish knew I have a dodgy back.
Do you realise how hard it was to arrange that? :D

Chances are the next won't be as kind... :boat:
Probably not, she was a very docile fish even though she took line off you no problem when she wanted to :)

We had a few LSD's but pulling them up 400ft is no fun, the spurs never came out to play today though.
It was good to see the pollack coming out a bit more though, I think I'll be spending quite a bit of time on them this year :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
nice fish dude:clap3: . in well done the skipper:clap3: .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts