World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Me and dad took our brand spanking new Predator 165 boat out to the Eddystone Lighthouse today as it was such great weather and although we didnt exactly hit into 30lb pollack we still had a full fish packed day:

Left Sutton Harbour at 09:00 and went out about 2 mile past the breakwater and feathered for a few mackerel for tea and bait, got quite a few so we started the trip to the stone.

We reached the stone just before 11 and whilst dad stayed with baited feathers i went on live sandeel and we were soon into small (8Oz) whiting and pouting.

Around about high tide we went round to the western side and i managed my personal best Red Bream which i was completely chuffed with - and still am! weighed in at about 3.5lb it put up a great fight! taken on sandeel on the bottom.

For the next few hours we went around the stone with the same methods, catching lots of wrasse - small cuckoos mainly, and small pouting.

To end the day we went back in to where we caught the first mackerel and caught some more for family, friends and winter bait and then headed for port.

All in all it was a great day. As I say, no massive cod or record breaking pollock but still very enjoyable, and to top it all I got what I can easily say is my best ever fish.

Cheers

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
What a loverly report Chris. Sounds like you had a great day out with your Dad.
New boat, good fish, and great company, memorable I'd say:thumbs:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers lads, the bream was a lot redder when i caught him, the colours faded by the time i got him home - would this help with his ID? REd or cuches, either way im still chuffed lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great links - cheers mate!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Urchin,

Good report, I was sick as a pig doing standby & I couldn't get out in the decent weather. I saw a 165 around Polhawn & wondered if it was you but that was sunday.

I hope you marked that bream spot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts