World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my first hounds last night, im well chuffed, had a 9.6lb starry fisrt chuck, then my first double 10.6lb and then a 14.2lb and i was shaking, what a buzz.my thanks to koiman for taking me and advice and rigs. hope the pics come out, and im sorry about my pic taking gaz!

koimans best one was 13.2lb a small one buy his standards, he ended up with 6 and me 5. im the large bloke , he is the one in the grey jumper whos head i cut off!

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
|Hi Scaffscazz. the look on your face when you beached your first hound, just like a big kid. you said what will a bite be like as your rod bent double and you headed off down the beach. PURE MAGIC.
long live the ferring hounds
koi man

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
hi man i lost my varginaty down there last night as well,i was by the pipe in front of the cafe ended up with 7 in total

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
yeah pure magic is right ! already thinking about next year!
It is great fun, roll on next year :D

I've done 4 nights on the trot down there now. I'm dead on my feet now :wheelchai

Well done Jason on your first proper Hounds ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice meeting youself and koi man the other night, thanks for again for weighing my 16lb 9oz well chuffed PB for me.

Well done on catching your first :thumbs:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well done on your first hounds. Good session for you both. How good does it feel to hear that reel going off! Great feeling. Well done again mate!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Well done on your first hounds, once you start catching them there's few other species that can wet my appetite like the hounds. Love my summer trips to the solent, and could never get board of catching them from pubs to doubles....they're magical. Hope you get some more soon!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers everyone , and nice meeting you to saltfish and houndcatcher, ever if yours was bigger then mine. 4 nights in a row, you must have stronger shoulders then me! yeah the reel screaming and walking of down the beach , is one hell of a buzz!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
5 including tonight but I have a feeling it will be dead now. Mind you a few fisherfolk might be as well if the electrical storms and carbon rods get together later :D

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Big blue IKEA bag. Most weigh slings are built to mollycoddle carp. Hounds soon wear big holes in em.............!!

Nice fishing Scaffaz. Bet your still grinning......!!!
I find one of those plastic coin money bags you get from the banks are big enough to put my fish in :oops::oops:

G

·
if you go to your local post office,they have some nylon mailing
bags which are ideal for using as a weight sling!!!
i'm sure they will let you have one,iv'e got one but very rarely need
to use it!they are about 4ft deep and open to about 2ft..:thumbs:

·
Registered
616 Posts
where abouts in ferring are you catching them and are they by day or night
Go to the bottom of sea lane (ferring) then when you hit the beach walk to your right the beaches all along there have been throwing up fish.

They have been caught in the daylight when the water has a bit of colour to it, but night being better. Good luck if you give it ago, fingers crossed they are still there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts