World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last minute decision to try Etive on Saturday. Went to Dannys at 12pm on Sat for my bait, all set up fishing by half two. Was enjoying the sun more than the fishing :) . Waited until darkness fell before I started to take it seriously as I knew this mark seems to fish better at night. Sure enough half hour after sundown bang, away went the ratchet. Missed that one, then the next two also. Fourth time lucky and I got my PB Spur. I would take a guess at about 5lb maybe 6 at a stretch. Never the less I was over the moon!!!! Another two spurs of similar size, two doggies near the 2lb mark and lots of misses topped a brilliant night again. Oh aye, baits. Tried Sandeel, squid, mackie and all combos. The fish baits were either being nibbled to hell or dissintegrating in the current, not a single fish landed on any fish combo. Whole squid held on a Pennel set up without elastic was the killer.

Ps The size is purely a guess!!! Thats a size nine Nike if that puts it in perspective

Attachments

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Last minute decision to try Etive on Saturday. Went to Dannys at 12pm on Sat for my bait, all set up fishing by half two. Was enjoying the sun more than the fishing :) . Waited until darkness fell before I started to take it seriously as I knew this mark seems to fish better at night. Sure enough half hour after sundown bang, away went the ratchet. Missed that one, then the next two also. Fourth time lucky and I got my PB Spur. I would take a guess at about 5lb maybe 6 at a stretch. Never the less I was over the moon!!!! Another two spurs of similar size, two doggies near the 2lb mark and lots of misses topped a brilliant night again. Oh aye, baits. Tried Sandeel, squid, mackie and all combos. The fish baits were either being nibbled to hell or dissintegrating in the current, not a single fish landed on any fish combo. Whole squid held on a Pennel set up without elastic was the killer.

Ps The size is purely a guess!!! Thats a size nine Nike if that puts it in perspective
nice one jedi warrior you have completed your entrance to the jedi hall of fame:yeah: :yeah: seriously craig well done mate now you can start looking for the big ones

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice one Craig!! We were up on the thursday and got a couple. Squid was the killer bait for us too....Keep up the good work...all the best....gino

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Top session well done Criag, think you might have even sold yourself short I would have said 6lb by the pic mate. Squid was the killer last time we fished the mark(looking at the ground the pic was taken on). Top notch well done on the PB
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
good fish there craig , well done on your pb.

that is a good mark and does produce very good fish from time to time.

well done :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
824 Posts
nice fish there mate:clap3: , i hope to catch 1 when away for a 4 day trip on the 27th-30th of this month. biggins, slackliner and another 1 of my mates are going. going to loch duich and loch ative heres hoping.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Cracking fish there mate. One of the species that have eluded me on the times when I've fished Etive. Managed Thornbacks etc, but never the Spur. One of these days though ......... er maybe :clap3:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts