World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening chaps,

So the good lady wanted me to clear the freezer of smelly lug and squid so I fished an absolutely rammed Dungeness today - started at the boats near the point but left when someone set up 10 yards away from me. Moved to lifeboat station but even that was busy.

Anyway, had a cracking slack liner which resulted in a nice plump one of 48cm, and approx. 2lb. No, not a codling, a whiting! Look at the size of it! I guess this is a channel jobby.

WP_20151227_08_54_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20151227_08_54_18_Pro.jpg

Nothing but pins and dogs after that, but I've picked up some nice fresh blacks and will have another go tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robert

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
Evening chaps,

So the good lady wanted me to clear the freezer of smelly lug and squid so I fished an absolutely rammed Dungeness today - started at the boats near the point but left when someone set up 10 yards away from me. Moved to lifeboat station but even that was busy.

Anyway, had a cracking slack liner which resulted in a nice plump one of 48cm, and approx. 2lb. No, not a codling, a whiting! Look at the size of it! I guess this is a channel jobby.

View attachment 314197

View attachment 314198

Nothing but pins and dogs after that, but I've picked up some nice fresh blacks and will have another go tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robert
Now that's a proper channel
Sweet

·
Registered
523 Posts
Evening chaps,

View attachment 314197

View attachment 314198

Cheers,

Robert
Can be frustrating when another angler sets up so close, same thing happened to me a month or so back at Dunge. If I'd of straightened my arm out to the side I could of tapped the closet guy on the shoulder in fact I was tempted to ask him if he fancied a bite of my sandwich. You mentioned 10 yds , it wasn't a lot more than that the 3 polish fellas slotted in, the guy the other side told them to F**k off !
Not that they did mind you.
Well done on the whiting, that's a good size ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
What a cracking Whiting.
I remember my mate ,Bigsturgeon having one similar a while back now....it was 50cm....huge.
Well done mate...well worth the effort imo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts