World Sea Fishing Forums banner

My first slack liner... Dungeness 27th Dec

Shore 
2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  jimmyfloydreturns 
#1 ·
Evening chaps,

So the good lady wanted me to clear the freezer of smelly lug and squid so I fished an absolutely rammed Dungeness today - started at the boats near the point but left when someone set up 10 yards away from me. Moved to lifeboat station but even that was busy.

Anyway, had a cracking slack liner which resulted in a nice plump one of 48cm, and approx. 2lb. No, not a codling, a whiting! Look at the size of it! I guess this is a channel jobby.

Nothing but pins and dogs after that, but I've picked up some nice fresh blacks and will have another go tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robert

See less See more
#2 ·
Evening chaps,

So the good lady wanted me to clear the freezer of smelly lug and squid so I fished an absolutely rammed Dungeness today - started at the boats near the point but left when someone set up 10 yards away from me. Moved to lifeboat station but even that was busy.

Anyway, had a cracking slack liner which resulted in a nice plump one of 48cm, and approx. 2lb. No, not a codling, a whiting! Look at the size of it! I guess this is a channel jobby.

View attachment 314197

View attachment 314198

Nothing but pins and dogs after that, but I've picked up some nice fresh blacks and will have another go tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robert
Now that's a proper channel
Sweet

#4 ·
Evening chaps,

View attachment 314197

View attachment 314198

Cheers,

Robert
Can be frustrating when another angler sets up so close, same thing happened to me a month or so back at Dunge. If I'd of straightened my arm out to the side I could of tapped the closet guy on the shoulder in fact I was tempted to ask him if he fancied a bite of my sandwich. You mentioned 10 yds , it wasn't a lot more than that the 3 polish fellas slotted in, the guy the other side told them to F**k off !
Not that they did mind you.
Well done on the whiting, that's a good size ;)

#6 ·
What a cracking Whiting.
I remember my mate ,Bigsturgeon having one similar a while back now....it was 50cm....huge.
Well done mate...well worth the effort imo.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.