World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i arrived at West aberthaw just after low tide turned.

I got told by someone that i was abit late and the rip tide would stop me from fishing tidy in the next hour or so.

So i rushed my way in setting up my new abu 6500 c3ct and chucked on a pulley and fresh peeler.

Funny enough this was my first ever time to attempt casting with a multiplier...thank **** i had my fixed spool in the box! enough said.

After that terrible attempt, i finally got my bait out there atleast 100+ yards! much better than 20 yeah?

litrally less than 10 minutes and i had a knock on my rod, then a few more promising knocks. Bam and i'm into something decent. I was pretty dissapointed that it didnt rag my drag or atleast pull my rod off the crap stand. but only when i hooked into it she started to go!

anyway enough of my blabbing. here's the catch(if ive done this right)

Sky Cloud Gesture Smile Fish

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Well done mate,nice hound.
You will find with hounds that some bite and fight hard as hell and some are quite docile.
Now youve had your first one there will be no stopping you.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
congratulations on your first smut ,i bet that smile is still there
regards gerwynmr2

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Hi mate
A decent size, to start your hounding, don't worry about the multiplier, get down the beach or the field and get some practice in when your not worry about missing the one and only hound in the sea lol

·
Sole Man!
1,664 Posts
Full marks for your determination Leostag.
I've been enjoying your posts, a well deserved fish & held really well as well.
Top darts!!
brolly

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well done mate,nice hound.
You will find with hounds that some bite and fight hard as hell and some are quite docile.
Now youve had your first one there will be no stopping you.
you got that right buddy!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi mate
A decent size, to start your hounding, don't worry about the multiplier, get down the beach or the field and get some practice in when your not worry about missing the one and only hound in the sea lol
I will be down that field battering this multiplier until i have mastered it lol. I was pretty stupid thinking i could use it first go!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I will be down that field battering this multiplier until i have mastered it lol. I was pretty stupid thinking i could use it first go!
Not the best reel to use down there (Aberthaw) m8, tbh. Perhaps a slosh would be better for you to get used to multis with? Bit more user friendly for the multi noobie.....and certainly alot better as an all-rounder than a 6500 :thumbs:
Well done on yr 1st hound :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not the best reel to use down there (Aberthaw) m8, tbh. Perhaps a slosh would be better for you to get used to multis with? Bit more user friendly for the multi noobie.....and certainly alot better as an all-rounder than a 6500 :thumbs:
Well done on yr 1st hound :)
Yeah i think i will do some studying before spending dollar on these new toys!

But i couldn't go wrong picking this multiplier up for £40:)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Mate nice 1 on getting your first hound!!! its hard work but worth it when you get you reward nice 1 nathan!!
That was one very expensive hound let me tell you.:bleh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts