World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Managed to catch my first smoothhound which weighed 10lb at West beach last night:clap: I lost 2 hounds before I managed to get the first one on the beach. The only problem was my camera batteries went and I couldn't get a photo:sad: Happily I caught another at 6lb and Ryegaz kindly took some photos for me, thanks mate

All in all chuffed to bits but I think the first 2 were bigger. I'll be back again next week for sure.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Nice going Knev and congratulations. I hope that 10lb comes along for you again soon .......... perhaps a bit bigger!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
well done knev. the feeling of catching your first smutt is fantastic. i wanted to scream like a girl when i landed my first one. it only weighed 4lb but for a few seconds i felt like i could walk on water, i didnt try to find out lol!

well done again mate

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice meeting you last night Knev and RyeGaz, well done Knev on your 10lber, a good Hound for your first bash:clap: I know anglers who have been Hound bashing for quite a while and are still trying to get their double.
Well done mate:thumbs:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well done Knev,didnt envy your long drive back to your caravan ,i only had to go to Rye,lol , probably see u next week as well.
Gaz

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
thats one pretty little Starry Smooth hound you've got there i'm hoping to catch a more substantial one from a local mark soon fingers crossed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice to meet you too Antonio and thanks again to you and Gaz for the info and Gaz for the photo (now at least the missus belives me)

See you next week I'll be there Friday and I think I have another pass out for the Tuesday so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again

Pete

·
Registered
803 Posts
Congrats on your first smoothound m8, I'm in same position you were having not caught one. Hoping to have a go next week before they all disappear, if they haven't already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts