World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my fishing season came too a crashing halt yesterday due to some [email protected]#£%&rs robbing my shed of all but a few rod sections. Coarse boat and beach 26 rods in total including the part rods they took . Gutted being an understatement. Had to go nuts to geta forensic team out to take prints . Now got to start all over but wonder if iI can be bothered after this. Took a lot of years to get the rods I had to cover all different types of fishing . Most weren't expensive because they were old rods but all in good condition and you can't buy em now . Am insured but don't have a clue how to price up most of them because of their ages too so looks like am out of pocket there too . ****ed off a bit but if anyone offered some 20ft Mitchell beach casters in Grimsby Cleethorpesarea pm me pplease cheers.

·
Registered
11,358 Posts
Sorry to hear about that bigge31, fingers crossed you get some or all of it back. With a forum of this size hopefuly someone will hear something that might lead you back to your gear. If you do find out who's took the gear leave it to the police rather than end up on the rong side of the police yourself.
Jon

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had a similar situation a few years back, but thankfully my contents insurance coughed up with no dramas and replaced everything with new or where new wasn't available something of similar value..hope you don't give it all up bud..tight lines :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
thieves need stringing up by their balls. making peoples lives a misery just to score a fix for a day.

all you can do is look at it as a positive, you get to go shopping in lots of fishing shops and browse online and you're allowed. i know what you mean by being favourite gear and not available anymore, for me my original tippy match and beach buddy are no un replaceable. but you may find rods that are better than your old ones.

the only way to look at it is glass half full.

don't let it get you down, calm down and get back out for a dangle.

·
13,170 Posts
Anger is completely understandable. But please watch the language.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The same thing happened to me in November. 70% of my rods and reels were taken. My insurance too paid up an replaced everything with the same or equivalent, had about a month before everything was delivered. Still doesn't replace the memories and sentiment lost with the gear. all the best finding or replacing yours. Had to up the security on my garage doors, and have had suspicions they have been back since to try to take more. Never think it will happen to ourselves do we

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Unlucky to get your stuff pinched, but, whilst its nice to have all the kit, its still very possible to get some great fishing done with the minimal amount of kit, good luck!

·
Registered
471 Posts
It mat be worth listing what has gone and passing it around your local Cash Converter, tackle shops and second hand shops. Also ask your mates who may go to car boots to keep an eye out too. Watch a few weeks down the line when your insurance has paid out that they don't come back, happened to a friend of mine with their mountain bike, they came back twice more and actually ended up with 3 bikes, he gave up in the end!

Pity we can't take this lot and those that haunt the Lincolnshire beach car parks at night and sort them out once and for all, it's hard to break into locks and run away when your hands and feet are in plaster. Only problem is we end up on the wrong side of the law and they end up with criminal compensation!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Fekin sticky fingered c***s......
Do yaself a favour. ..if you buy again, keep the valuables (rods/reels) indoors. .....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah make a list out of EVERYTHING missing. Sit down and have a good hard think about what has been lost and document it all. Maybe you could take the list to at least a couple of tackle shops and get them to price up what the replacements would cost. You will then have more chance of getting the full insurance payout if you have a list and prices from a tackle dealer.
Chin up mate and dont give in, they woul have won if you do.
Chris.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
That is bad. I doubt they would turn up around Grimsby or Cleethorpes cash converters and such stores, but it is worth going in and checking for the next couple of weeks. I can look in S****horpe, as that may be far enough away for them to try off loading here. A list may help to know what to look out for.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yes you don't need that bud, sadly the only thing you can do is start again, no point giving in to them. Trouble is they couldn't give a toss what they take or indeed who they take it from. But you certainly don't it, fishing is expensive and hard enough without scum adding to the problems.

Best thing you can do is say ar*eholes to them and just carry on best you can.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I'd happily crowd a b14 handle right up there arseholes.
Capital punishment would sort this country overnight.....

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
insurance company has been helpful at least even if the police havent , they won't give me a cash pay out but they work with a fishing compny called fosters , who rang today and helped me work through the list of gear and even though they cant replace certain particular rods are going to replace with equivalent rods of the same sort of value and also because i have never had to make a claim before and didnt know what prices to put as some of the rods cant be bought anymore they help me put more realistic prices to replace, as obviously prices have gone up since i bought some of these rods and poles and they are going to replace everything from elastics for the poles plus line s and such for the couple of reels that went too only thing i need now is an extra room in the house to store it all in tho as even though i have rebuilt my shed and made it more secure i darent even think of putting anything in there now . its just frustrating and maddening coz they came through the neighbours garden over 6ft fences to get to mine as its the only way to get into my yard , so they obviously knew who i am and where it would be and also how much stuff i had too . off to buy new alarm and cctv at end of week for the front and back yard regardless now though , cheers for the comments and support folks . i just wish i had caught em in the act

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
b' stards, hope you get a result one way or another mate, sounds like it was organised, too much taken to be a chance grab and run .

·
Registered
95 Posts
so sorry about the loss m8 but don't let them win and get sorted with some new stuff and keep fishing and enjoying it m8 I will
keep an eye out and I have also spoken to my local shop , hope you get sorted m8

1 - 20 of 34 Posts