World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would this improve your chances of cathcing?
.Attaching a worm bait to your hooks(s)
.Chopping up worm(s) and throw them to wherever u casted so the fish would be more attracted? i hope it does bcos i avent catched ne fin for a month!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Jakeb

Saw something(but cannot remember where) that a swim feeder has been designed for sea fishing. Throwing bait into the sea is a waste I know cause I have done it myself (sheer frustration when conditions are good and the mark fished extremely good the previous day)

Dont despair

Woodster

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
surely they would be more attracted to ur bait cos there are more of the bait around so they woulkd be looking for more food.

·
Registered
93 Posts
made one out of the film canister that is on tis website and tried it at Oban. It worked for me . Doggies and thornbacks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Done something similar years ago (when i was a lad) >>>> old fart now...I got loads of mussels and smashed em up, put them into the plastic stringy bags that you used to get oranges in and chucked them out in front of me, I was fishing on one of our local beach's, flood tide,...lol was using an old spinning rod and a black prince reel bait was rag if I remember rightly, anyway, I did catch loads o flounders and the odd plaice cant remember the exact fig but it was well into the teens.

hope this helps

·
Registered
75 Posts
used a coarse fishin swim feeder stuffed with mackerel clipped onto my weight when fishing loch sunart for spurdogs and it seemed to work a proper treat! between 2 of us using that method, we had roughly 40 fish for our day up to 20lb...

·
Registered
14 Posts
To save wasting bait try a sponge in a swimfeeder soaked in fish oils, I haven't tried it in the sea but it works well for pike so may do the trick by leaving a scent trail in the tide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts