World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh dear, a last minute bid on a rod/reel on ebay, before i left for the beach last night, saw me paying for the following upon my return with a 'second chance offer', the reserve wasn't met, but i got the high bid at £52, seems ok to me.

i was after the rod more than anything, but the reel won't get lonely !

sellers description......

ABU 6000 HIGHSPEED PLUS PENN POWER GRAPH BASS ROD 11ft 6in

CASTS 1-3oz MULTIPLYER OR FIXED SPOOL REEL

VERY POWERFUL ROD COMES WITH CONVERTED ABU 6000 HIGH SPEED MULTIPLYER REEL WITH POWER HANDLE.

what exactly have i bought ? i've only come across one reference to the rod (niel Mac's website) but still don't feel well educated ! re the reel i've only used abu's mag elite !

has plums done good ?

G

·
not a bad combo, the 6000 is same as a 6500 in size and usually red in colour, makes a good Bass reel, the rod I've heard of and i'm sure I've seen some good reports about it. not a bad price either.

·
Registered
439 Posts
me old mate geffas has got one of those and they are a cracking rod!!
lovely feel and perfectly balanced with an abu reel.
he hauled in a 7lb smoothy at the marina with it last year!
you got a bloody good deal there hugh, coz i know if i had seen that offer i wouldnt've hesitated in snapping it up!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Looks great, i saw that one on eBay and for the price you payed you got a good deal. Worked out little more than the cost of a new rod and you also got the reel aswell. You can leave the levelwind on as it might actually make it easier for your missus, generally it should not affect casting because you wont be fishing at range with a surf rod.

·
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) :) :) i figured the rod would be about the price i paid when new, so yeah, to get the reel too was a bonus !

·
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds a good bargain. Perhps the missus may not be getting a new bass rod afterall?:)
she prob won't !! she says she prefers my long (no punn intended !) rod, 13ft powerplay, i don't use it now so she can have it !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts