World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to give them a real good go tomorrow just wondering if anyone else had much experience with them used them before and loved them,

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've had mine pretty much since they came out. I love them for clean ground work, they have a very tippy action but still pendulum smoothly.

Reminds me very much of my Dreammachine Special Match from 15 years back. The oldest rod I own now, both that and the Dreamcasts are superb clean ground fishing rods.

Caleb

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
You could have saved yourself a 100 + quid & bought the std 50/50 match instead of paying for his name on them!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been told that the 50/50 and Tony's are different blanks, Tony's has more of a sensitive tip. Can anyone confirm this?

Caleb

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Mate of mine got a Zzipy 50/50 match & the tip is only about 3mm,reckons bite detection is brill,pendulems with it no problem,see more of the Dreamcast for sale s/h on e-bay,so must say something?.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
There were two versions of the 50/50, the Zziplex one and the Tony Tackle one (made by Zziplex). One of them was, apparently, shiite!

3mm tip, good bite detection? I have to disagree to a point. At close range, yes the bite detection would be good. At longer range the soft, thin tip will not show a bite half as well as a thicker tip, especially when there is a tide run.

·
Registered
920 Posts
hi creedy,
one of the blokes in our club had a pair, hes not got the tonys tackle version though, used them for rough ground and liked them enuf, hes just swapped one for a 3500. i'm pretty sure tonys tackle version is more of a match rod, could be wrong. just got myself a new 4500s, good allrounder, only used it for flattie bashing so far, you can see everything on the tip, gonna give it a thrashing in the tide on the breakwater tomorow, then conger bashing in wales in may hopefully!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have used them down at minnis for bassing and thorny bashing and they held up well good ll round rod, and they sit in the tide quite well u can feel every movement but i think there better suited to mwdium to clean ground rarther than serious heavy ground but saying that im going to give it a crack on a rock mark tonight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts