World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried Sunnart at a known mark on Saturday evening. Fished three hours of daylight with no return. About an hour after darkness both rods went beserk, The
Dogs were hungry!! Anyway, couldnt bait up quick enough. As soon as the rod hit the water and I turned my back to bait the other the bites were coming. Must have got about 15 with a similar number probably missed. Gave up after three hours. Was starving, tired and halfway through 3 days worth of bait in one session. Was such a nice night I kipped in the back of the van with the door wide open starring at the stars. That soon changed at 7am, first light and a bugger of a wind blowing through the open door :blink: .
Next on my list was another well known inland mark. Nice to see the effort Thornback and Cullen had made in tidying it up(why cant we all do that)I opted to try a mark further round in the next bay as It was a bit safer when alone. Fishing was slow to say the least, so slow that I even drove some stranded Kayakers round to Taynuilt for thier cars:notworthy . Im sure if I had left the rod and bait in the water it still wouldnt have been touched when I got back. Eventually I landed a teeny weeny little spur (my first :clap2: ) and a couple of Whiting. Then the rains arrived, bugger me did it pour. Tidied everything away, broke the rods down and waited and waited... Was wanting to try the Windsock mark, drove along to find it absolutelty drecht. Called a halt to my "three day" trip.
Got a whole week off coming up at the start of May, anyone wanna head out the west coast give me a shout. Either weekend or midweek.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a tiddler, gotta start somewhere though.

Attachments

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Tried Sunnart at a known mark on Saturday evening. Fished three hours of daylight with no return. About an hour after darkness both rods went beserk, The
Dogs were hungry!! Anyway, couldnt bait up quick enough. As soon as the rod hit the water and I turned my back to bait the other the bites were coming. Must have got about 15 with a similar number probably missed. Gave up after three hours. Was starving, tired and halfway through 3 days worth of bait in one session. Was such a nice night I kipped in the back of the van with the door wide open starring at the stars. That soon changed at 7am, first light and a bugger of a wind blowing through the open door :blink: .
Next on my list was another well known inland mark. Nice to see the effort Thornback and Cullen had made in tidying it up(why cant we all do that)I opted to try a mark further round in the next bay as It was a bit safer when alone. Fishing was slow to say the least, so slow that I even drove some stranded Kayakers round to Taynuilt for thier cars:notworthy . Im sure if I had left the rod and bait in the water it still wouldnt have been touched when I got back. Eventually I landed a teeny weeny little spur (my first :clap2: ) and a couple of Whiting. Then the rains arrived, bugger me did it pour. Tidied everything away, broke the rods down and waited and waited... Was wanting to try the Windsock mark, drove along to find it absolutelty drecht. Called a halt to my "three day" trip.
Got a whole week off coming up at the start of May, anyone wanna head out the west coast give me a shout. Either weekend or midweek.
it shall be so when you are off in may the jedi shall meet ,should have the nemesis by then and i can bust her cherry

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take it the 100+ club was Friday night Paul :clap3: :notworthy

·
Registered
195 Posts
its a start m8!I got my first spur in feb which was not far off the exact same size, maybe its a lucky omen( not that i've caught any bigger ones yet). Can't wait to get up there again.tight lines to all!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice one craig, a spurry none the less mate. We had maybe 30 doggies on friday at sunart it was al and paul that had the 100 plus.
Neal
The Skink.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
That has to be one of the smallest Spurries I've seen!!
Believe it or not, I got one about half that size at Etive yesterday. I'll be posting later and will add a pic. Beautiful markings on them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Good post mate and well done on your first (hopefully of many) spurrie, albeit a pup. They really are crackin' looking fish. Maybe next one....

Eric

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers guys. Yep that WILL be the first of many Spurries :) :unsure:
Yeah Gino, a new species is always a big delight, no matter the size. Didnt quite get as excited about that as my first Thornie from Fort William :clap2:
You up for a Jedi trip in May Gino?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
you have a pm craig

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm definately up for a trip in May.....where have you got in mind....I like the idea of Sunart cos theres that wee bothy to sleep in.....but maybe all's we'd get is doggies there.....plenty of time to chose a venue......gino

1 - 14 of 14 Posts