World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post much but could do with some advice please from some of you Sussex coastal local experts. My Son wants to come sea fishing with me this Sat 3pm > 9pm around the 6.30 pm high tide. He's 50 and I'd like him to stand a chance of a fish, Any fish, like a small bream, schoolie or flat fish would be fine. We are both driving a 90 miles round trip and since I can only sea fish about once every 2 weeks and I blank 1/3 of the time I'm not at all sure where I should take him. I have a little knowledge of a few locations but I don't want him to blank. I'm thinking somwhere between Seaford beach in the East to Rustington beach in the West. I know about 5 tackle / bait shops within that stretch to order bait but I'm right up in the air about the exact best fishing spot to take him. Any helpful suggestions from you coastal guys would be extremely welcome. Thanks for any replies. I read all your posts and they give me great encouragement to keep sea fishing after all these years. Tighlines to you all. Ken the Epsomfisher.

·
Registered
902 Posts
isn't 50 a bit old to wanna go with daddy ? :bleh:

sorry .... can't help with the fishing :thumbs:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I know the feeling well as the key to engaging young ones and getting them into fishing is to have quantity and frequency rather than quality.

Seaford / Tidemills often throws up mackerel inshore and schoolies. Newhaven East arm maybe.

Widewater at shoreham often throws up bream in the day as well but like you I am no expert. Every time I take my boys its slow or blanking and when they arent there I catch ......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No 'smudgertoo', I like your very basic humour though. It's a question of opportunity. The last time we fished together was when we both lived in Canada when at the age of 9 he was mustard at catching Northern Pike, Walleye, Pickerel, Large Mouth & Small Mouth Bass and the occasional Lake Brown Trout and he could outfish most.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,

To be honest i don't find the beaches are the best option during daytime i prefer early morning or evening fishing, try and find a pier your chances of catching will be greatly improved. go for the bream on rag worm tipped with squid your sure to catch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts