World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are thinking about Amtrak to send your rod, think twice, I had terrible problems with them, I bought a rod from the paper, Amtrak called when I was at work, called again the next working day, leaving a phone number that no one would answer at the other end, finally persuaded my wife to pick it up from their depot which was miles away, when my wife got to the depot, she had to wait for ages before someone open the door, took my wife 2 hours round trip ended up crying her eyes out. You’ve warned.
My wife is a very special women.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Hope you've sent a detailed copy of your experiences to AMTRAK. Head it : 'Ways of improving your Customer Relations BEFORE you go out of business' or 'This is not the way we do things in Great Britain'

Easy for me to say, but i'm sorry for all the unnecessary hassle

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Folks,

When you consider how many parcels and packages these firms handle every day, there are bound to be a few hick ups now and again.

We have heard all of your complaints, but I bet that there are more satisfied customers than non satisfied ones. Nobody has told us of the good service they provide? I personally have no complaints regarding any of the aforementioned companies

I live in the sticks, and purchase all my fishing gear through mail order. Whenever I place an order I always ask the dealer to ensure that the package is marked "To be left with a neighbour" . This procedure has never let me down.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I once ordered a digi camera from "Internet Cameras Direct" they used City Link next day delivery, I stayed in all day no camera so I phoned city link and they told me the driver called twice (the lying gits) I was in...so I went to collect it myself that was about 45miles round trip.....I try NOT to use City Link any more.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i am only sayin, but i find city link 1 of the best, brought me a rod yesterday, we were out, he left card sayin b bak 2moro, but he came bak same day, and said i no its a fishin rod, and i thought u may need it urgent, nice eay, hes been b4, nice guy, but as they say, they must make mistakes somwer along the line, so many parcels an that,amtrak i,ve had trouble with, for work materials, thay have been a pain in the butt, but there we go........

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
I take back what I said about parcel force. Expected a parcel to be picked up on the 6th of April...still waiting after numerous phone calls. Taken the money too.

If its not sorted today, a refund me thinks and a new parcel company. Anybody know any good parcel services?

Mike Jr

·
Registered
158 Posts
i must say for oncea delivery firm were quicker than i thought posted cheque for rod on monday parcelforce delivered the rod this morning well impressed!!(for once)

·
Registered
235 Posts
i use the three ducks or buisness express to give them their proper name i have bought fishing gear and golf gear had no problems 100% efficent thats my choice everybody peeps""""""

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Folks,

These posts are as good as the: Multiplier v Fixed Spools
or the P**n v Abu reels. It is a good job that we all have our favourites otherwise one company would be inundated with extra business and would be unable to cope!!!

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Mike said:
I stayed in all day no camera so I phoned city link and they told me the driver called twice (the lying gits) I was in...so I went to collect it myself that was about 45miles round trip.....I try NOT to use City Link any more.
Couldn't agree more. Had the same problem with City Link last week. Had an Abu rod (not!) delivered by them last week. Card had been left through the door on Friday so I rang them Saturday to arrange redelivery but they insisted they'd also left a card on Thursday (which they definitely had not) and I would now have to pick it up from the depot or it would be returned to the sender as they only held items for five days. Consequently I found myself on Monday morning wandering miles on foot (the City Link depot is nowhere near the tube station) through deepest darkest south London searching for some God forsaken, God horrible industrial estate in the middle of nowhere in order to retrieve my property. This "service" cost me £7.95 in postage costs on the initial purchase of the rod plus of course a further £4.40 in tube fares on Monday morning. Great way to start the week!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts