World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys 4 months ago i got myself a wee project boat and i thought i`d give yous a wee update on how shes looking now i have confirmed that she is a seasafe boat approx 15ft through an identical boat being sold on Ebay.
Has anyone had one before and if so give me your opinion of this little vessel.
She will be powered along by a 15hp mariner.

Whats your thoughts???( every1 not just ppl who previously owned a seasafe)

B4...

Now...

not the finished article yet but getting there

Thanks for looking,
Paul

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looking good mate. When my mate and myself totally refubished our boat we did it very cheap as were both pretty good with our hands. Your 15hp will push you along no problem at all. I assume you will be using the seagull as your aux? The most expensive bit to get is all the electronics - fish finder, VHF and GPS which is a must. You can pick up automatic life jackets for around the £40 mark.

Colin

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seagull is sadly ****ed got it running then the driveshaft casing snapped along with the driveshaft ,i have kept it though as i will fix later on.
For my new aux i have a 5hp mariner(aircooled) got it for £60 (non runner)serviced it at yampower for £70 and its running fine so a good £130 spent there :)

Cheers Paul

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No other thoughts / previous seasafe owners out there????

·
Registered
875 Posts
Aye, it's a Seasafe Sports Fisherman.

I had one years ago, had a 15hp Evinrude on the back.
Got it planing as long as not too heavily loaded.

The boat was a little too 'tippy' for fishing.
You had to be careful how you moved around.

Eventually swapped the 15hp for a Suzuki 25hp which had her flying.
Too big for that boat really, I almost came a cropper a few times.

Pel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I also have a Seasafe which I'm very proud of, they are excellent craft and apparrently unsinkable (hope I never put this to the test) I have been out in some pretty white knuckle conditions and have complete confidence in the craft, additionally I find it easy to launch and recover single handed.
Good luck with your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts