World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there are any Mackerel being caught on Mylor harbour. I am on holiday for a week at Maenporth near Falmouth. I want to introduce my father in law to fishing. I have Float fished there two years ago and caught Mackerel but it was early Autumn then. Any other venues would do. I'm a serious fisheman and don't want to go Mackerel bashing. Thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yep the mackeral are there for sure,
also if you get there early morning or evening before dark you'll get plenty of bass to 3lb odd. Float fish live prawns that you can get down the side of the wall and you'll do okay. There are plenty of Mullet here too, need quiet though and should you put a peeler or lug one out on the bottom you might get a nice suprise.....:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
No probs mate,
just thought though if your staying at Maenporth theres no need to drive all the way to Mylor. Fish the right side of Swanpool, its called Stack point, lots of room and if your both on the float lots of fun to be had. Mackeral, Gars, Pollack to 3lbish, Ballans and quite often Sea Trout caught there. Theres a car park at Swanpool and you walk up the hill a bit past the cafe/restaurant and theres a national trust coast path, 10 min walk and down to your left next to a bench put there. Easy to find, better venue than Mylor and right next to where your staying;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts