World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have just got myself a boat,its been 15 years since I last owned one,back then I could launch at Falmouth slip for less than a fiver (if memory serves me well)
Now its a different story with launch fees and trailer parking at over £20 plus car parking,I have seen the facilities at Mylor before and was wondering what it costs there as I plan to be out twice a week when weather permits.
Anyone Know?
Thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
As jeff said the use of the slip is free you just pay for parking. At the slip near trago you can get a yearly pass which is what I used to do. Both slips get very busy . There is another slip at the park and float but it is time restricted

·
Registered
672 Posts
You're lucky if you can get somewhere to park trailer/car near the Falmouth slip in the summer.Trying to find parking for a car & trailer is pretty much impossible. I havent launched at Mylor for some time, I dont know how much parking space they have but space was limited and in grest demand back then.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You're lucky if you can get somewhere to park trailer/car near the Falmouth slip in the summer.Trying to find parking for a car & trailer is pretty much impossible. I havent launched at Mylor for some time, I dont know how much parking space they have but space was limited and in grest demand back then.
There is a dedicated trailer parking zone in the boat park, with lots of room just a short walk from the slipway at Mylor- i didn't even have to detach the trailer from my van. Superb facilities and very cheap indeed.I wish it was like this in Sussex.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mylor looks favourite then, do you need to phone ahead or just roll up? also do they need to see a copy of my insurance?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Mylor looks favourite then, do you need to phone ahead or just roll up? also do they need to see a copy of my insurance?
Thanks for your help.
I just rolled up and called in at the harbour office though its always worth a forwarding call i think especially if you're intending to go out early before they open. Out of courtesy i did this,left a note on the van windscreen and paid later.They didn't ask to see a copy of my insurance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Blackjack, I have used Mylor quite often. Great Facility. As already given, the slipway in the carpark is free, but you have to pay for the parking. You can use the carpark at the slipway slipway but a cheaper option is to go to the office above the chandlery and pay to park both car and trailer up above the boatyard. It's a bit of a stroll top to bottom but you can often leave the trailer at the top and bring the car back down towards the workshop area dependant on how busy it is. I was only asked to show my insurance documents when I put the boat onto the pontoons overnight. Good luck with the fishing. Neil

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies I went to Falmouth today its £19 for launching and parking your trailer plus pay and display at Groveplace car park(If there are spaces),I then went over to Mylor and as stated its free to launch £3 to park your trailer and £5 to park,it seemed well organised and pretty relaxed at a third of the price,as Mylor is no further for me by road its a no brainer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, It's been a while since there were any comments on charges added to this thread. Does anyone know if there are any slipway charges now? Also the price for trailer and car parking? Oh, and one thing, are there any states of the tide where launching is not possible?
Thanks Stretch

·
Registered
393 Posts
The figure of '90 minutes either side of low water' may apply on neaps but last year I experienced trying to launch/recover on spring tides and anything below half-tide was impossible. So beware!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts