World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
i think there must be sole festival going on as this year the sole have been thin on the ground and come to that wear have all the dabs gone i know you have qwite a few flounders at grays??? what are they like to eat????and have they been there in numbers this year???i will one day get to fish grays when i hear that the flatties are there in numbers lol captin flattie o yea well done mate you had some good hounds the over night well done:bb::bb::bb::bb::hug::hug::hug:

G

·
i think there must be sole festival going on as this year the sole have been thin on the ground and come to that wear have all the dabs gone i know you have qwite a few flounders at grays??? what are they like to eat????and have they been there in numbers this year???i will one day get to fish grays when i hear that the flatties are there in numbers lol captin flattie o yea well done mate you had some good hounds the over night well done:bb::bb::bb::bb::hug::hug::hug:
trust me captain,you would be better off with a bit of roadkill than you would with flounders from Grays

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
trust me captain,you would be better off with a bit of roadkill than you would with flounders from Grays
I agree, they taste very muddy. as for where are the soles? Good question, I wouldn't bother fishing Proctor and Gamble for them but try the Worlds end pub at Tilbury and fish the right hand corner and cast a rod in to the bay with size 4 hooks. I found this productive on the ebb.
Also try using the milky blow lug

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
If you want sole get your selves down to hastings they are coming out thick and fast down there i have been told where all the boats launch

·
Team Essex
1,055 Posts
the sole are there down at grays if you can get through all the tiny bass and the large nos of mitten that have arrived in the flood waters in the last few weeks.it has been patchy this year with my biggest only 40 cms and having 4 in one tide a few weeks ago. they stay till october sometimes with late aug starting to see then come back on the feed.ive given up at the wharf and am fishing nearer the dock as it seems more productive for the sole this year

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I know it wasn't good session but well done for posting your report on the forum. The weather wasn't great either!
Them little bassletts seem to be all around everywhere at the moment taking your bait. Maybe look for a mark closer to home eh! they maybe right infront of your nose!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts