World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For ages I wanted to fish the very corner of saunton sands beach where it curves into the estuary. Mrs is going away for a week and so Im going to crack down there and fish it.When I tried it from crow before the tide at near high made such a current my 5/6oz just rolled into the esturary and back onto the bank. Gonna fish night tide with beachcasters peelers and sandeel then spin in the morning tide plugs and wedges. Anyone know anything about fishing the far end of saunton.Never seen fishermen on that corner/end !

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
For ages I wanted to fish the very corner of saunton sands beach where it curves into the estuary. Mrs is going away for a week and so Im going to crack down there and fish it.When I tried it from crow before the tide at near high made such a current my 5/6oz just rolled into the esturary and back onto the bank. Gonna fish night tide with beachcasters peelers and sandeel then spin in the morning tide plugs and wedges. Anyone know anything about fishing the far end of saunton.Never seen fishermen on that corner/end !

its called airy point.extremely tidal so take care if you walk out on the sandbar at low tide....you can fish over high further back in the river near the old lighthouse on any tide,springs are better here but as soon as the river empties the tides are nuisance..expect bass and the odd fluke.lug worm is a must though.you might get ray if you fish further around on saunton..have a good one

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Small tides best inside the bar as its almost impossible to fish the big tides inside the bar from the shore.Youll catch more from my experience too. Out on the beach around from the estuary you can fish the bigger tides if you want,but best a couple hours either side of low tide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts