World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I've started two maps, one detailing N.Ireland's shore fishing locations and the other for bait and tackle shops. The fishing locations and bait shops are seperated into 2 different maps because its easier to store into your GPS.:thumbs:

Shore fishing locations

Uploading these maps to Garmin GPS.

- At the top right hand corner of the map just above "Terrain" view button there's a tab called "Link". Click that for the webpage of your map. The link pops up highlighted, copy that.

- Now navigate to This webpage and paste your map link into the bar. Hit Load MyMap and then upload to Garmin GPS.

- The map if loaded corectly, will be in WhereTO>Extras>Custom POIs>. Click on it you will see all the fishing locations. Click on a fishing location you will see Map, Save, More on bottom, click more to see the extra info added about that fishing location.

- repeat process for the Bait and tackle shops map

Most of the locations happen to be on the North coast, so if anyone would like to PM me good locations around the Down coastline, I'd be more than happy to add them in.

A brief example of the info I need:

salmon rock

This is a flat rock situated at the left hand side of Beech rd carpark, Portbalintrae. Small pathway leads down onto rock mark.

1. Fish: - Bass, Sea-trout, Cod, Pollock, Coalies, Flounder, plaice and turbot.

2. Riggs: - Three hook flappers, Clip down and Pulley for distance. [clean bottom]

3. Bait: - Lug, Rag, Crab, mackerel, squid.

4. Other Info: - Gulley around 100 yards straight out from mark.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi M8

I have had a look and you have been busy adding locations to the map.

Whats this showing off adding pictures as-well.

If you find you get a great response you may have to split them into several different maps instead of going to two pages on the one map just like the N/W map and Scotland on the link below.

Well done again it looks good.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you find you get a great response you may have to split them into several different maps instead of going to two pages on the one map just like the N/W map and Scotland on the link below.
I think I'll be able to get all N.Ireland's marks in the map Billy, as there's not so many good marks along the county down shoreline as there is along the North Coast. I've heard Donegal and the West coast of Ireland is good for shorefishing, so it would be good if someone with local knowledge, from the Republic, took up the mantle to make their own map too. Local knowledge is more valuable and rewarding than just placing fishing marks willy-nilly.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yes M8

What you have done is great and thanks for the input hopefully someone will come on and put some from the south.

:clap3::giveup::clap3::giveup::clap3:

·
Registered
224 Posts
thats brilliant mate. who are you waiting on? down and donegal? it would be great if you could get something like this for all of ireland. im sure the english boys would be intereested in something like this too

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Using The Fishing Maps

Hi

For anyone unsure how to use the fishing map.
  1. select the blue link below or copy and past into your browser.
  2. Select my maps.
  3. you will then see.
  • N/E Beach fishing locations (with pictures)
  • N/E Fishing tackle shops.
  • North West fishing marks.
  • Scotland fishing marks
  • NI fishing marks (with pictures)
To the left of the above is a BOX for each select which one you want or all of the overlays and the information will be shown on the map.

Depending on the speed and spec of your computer it may be wise to only select one area at a time if you are having problems.

Zoom in for more detail information. Select a map pin for even more info.

Thanks any more info drop us a line.

Request for some help from down south.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats brilliant mate. who are you waiting on? down and donegal?
I'm currently working on county down at the minute M8, if you've got some good marks along the Down coast PM them to me.

would you be able to make a map of Donegal and the West coast? Don't take on too big an area or else it will take forever to load up. I've found that the size of N.Ireland's coastline would be about the limit, if your map is any larger it becomes very slow, so I'm presuming the coast of Donegal would be sufficient for one map, although Leitrim and Sligo may be squeesed in also.

Someone with Local knowledge of the Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo coastline would be able to predict if all three could be included in their map, without the map taking a lifetime to load.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Donaghadee Pier

Fish from Under the Lighthouse, from the Railings, Toward the North Pier.

1. Fish: - Pollack, Coalies, Codling, Mackeral, Dogfish, Whiting, Pouting, Shanny, Dab, Flounder, Ballan-Goldsinney-Corkwing Wrasse, Various Rockling Species, Sea Scorpion

2. Rigs: - 3 Hook Flapper (Plenty of Bling), Pulleys For The Rough

3. Bait: - Rag, Mack, Lug, Crab, Squid

4. Other Info: - Rough Ground over Back wall, Pollack, Coalies and Codling Available.

Ballyhalbert Pier

Rough Ground Mark, Fish over the back wall for best results

1. Fish: - Pollack, Coalies, Doggies, Codling, Rockling

2. Riggs: - Pulleys, Rotters, Heavy Sheppy Rigs.

3. Bait: - Lug, Rag, Mack, Squid, Crab

4. Other Info: - Have a look over the wall before you cast, You can see where the Gullies Lie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a great help!!! I have just moved over from England and was scratching my head for ideas on where to go. Anyone got advice on a good rod and reel (multiplier) set up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
havent being here for a while now
just remembered i was member when i seen it whilst surfing the net lol. anyway
i have a very good location that you aint got mapped. i posted this on a thread last year but didnt get any feed back if people tried it and how they got on.
about a mile outside ardglass heading towards ballyhornen theres a sign on ur right hand side for st patricks well.go down and take the 1st right.when u come to the g.a.a club you will see a long road down the side of it.its actually a drive way till a house.its o.k to go down the owners allow you. you can open the gate and park ur car on the field as long as you close it behind you.or you can just park at the gaa club but its a good walk down that lane lol. walk to the bottom of the field and from left to right you have a couple of mile of decent cliffs and rocks to fish off. i prefer this spot as ive caught 100s of decent pollock ect here. so when you go down lane go through gate walk to bottom of field and start heading right keep going for about just under a mile. (its worth it)
there a few wire fences on the way just jump over the them. when you come to this spot its called fenic dont know why.
you will know your at the right place as you will be able to look accross the water and see ardglass golf coarse. you will see a point that goes out into the water you will have to cross over to the point by climbing which isnt very hard as my girl can do it. and thats you walk to the very point and theres a nice little place to fish were the water comes all around you and is very very deep. the big pollock love this f##king place. yet its only round the corner from ardglass pier most people dont know about it and the way i explained is the only way to get to it.
roll on summer cuz thats were i will be
catching
pollock
rass
seatrout
coals
cod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CAN I LEAVE SOME INFO AS OUR WEE STORE SEEMS TO BE LEFT OUT OF MANy LISTINGS.SO ANGLERS ARE UNAWARE WE ACTUALLY EXIST.

COULD ANYONE HELP US BE INCLUDED WITH THESE LISTS...

Gone Fishin
29 North Street
Carrickfergus
Co.Antrim
BT38 7AQ

Tel: 028 93 367082
Fax: 07092 109181

www.gonefishin.carboncookie.com

We are an independant dealer selling a range of branded and unbranded goods.good selection of frozen baits, and fresh rag every friday O(best to pre-order).

we have built up a good sustained reputation with all our customers.
We may be a smaller store but we have made good use of our space and our shop is completly bunged with items for all genres of fishing...
a range of seasonal clothing and a range of dinghys and inflatables are available.
we stock our preferred line choice - Ultima

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ulsterman, I,ve a set of fishing maps, from Dublin down round the south coast as far as the Dingle on the west coast. I got them from the Irish Fisheries Board in Dublin. they show all the fishing marks, types of fish, whether spinning, float or bottom is best, also where you can dig bait. Would these be of interest to you or would there be problems with copy-right Jock

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ulsterman, I,ve a set of fishing maps, from Dublin down round the south coast as far as the Dingle on the west coast. I got them from the Irish Fisheries Board in Dublin. they show all the fishing marks, types of fish, whether spinning, float or bottom is best, also where you can dig bait. Would these be of interest to you or would there be problems with copy-right Jock
dublin to dingle is southern ireland....

This isnt enough info here for angling in the north of ireland at the minute...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi there Ulsterman great idea

ref co.down coast

drive out of kilkeel heading in the newcastle direction, and you go through a village called Ballymartin go straight out through the village go round a bad-ish bend and on the left hand side you'll see a guy with a sign saying boat and caravan storage, park in the wee tiny lay by opposite this and you'll look down on rocks that sit way out in to the water, use the bump lane to "walk" down do not drive down

from these rocks you get excellant mac fishing and the odd pollack.

then on round the coast to Green Castle this is heading in the oppsite direction, head from Kilkeel to Warringpoint and you will see a sign for Green Castle, Green Castle is right at the mouth of carlingford lough, if you head down to the Green Castle pier you stand a good chance of running in to the tricky sea trout and mackeral, mind you you need to be there at high tide

Carlingford Lough, which produced the current Irish record Tope, has some excellent fishing during the summer months with Ray, Spurdog, Tope and Dogfish all being present. Mackerel and Codling are also abundant and an assortment of species including others such as Bass, Mullet, Coalfish, Pollack, Ray and Conger.

a wee link worth flick about it
http://www.carlingfordlough.co.uk/aboutus.htm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exellent thread.. Im new to sea fishing and found this thread very interesting, I still haven't been any further than the pier at Carrick along with my kids, and to date have caught nothing, but we are loving it

1 - 20 of 54 Posts