World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice job Ulsterman, exactly what i have been looking for. Haven't fished in about 15 years now and just getting back into it, feel so outta touch though after so long. :victory: :clap3:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've been off the site for quite a while so didn't get the opportunity to update new fishing locations. buckfast d, I'll get your county Down mark in soon, might need some help in refining its position :thumbs:

UPDATE I have separated the fishing locations and the bait shops into 2 different maps, this means downloading the maps into your GPS becomes easier as each map becomes a seperate folder in your directory.:clap2:

Happy :fishing1:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
I've started two maps, one detailing N.Ireland's shore fishing locations and the other for bait and tackle shops. The fishing locations and bait shops are seperated into 2 different maps because its easier to store into your GPS.:thumbs:

Shore fishing locations

N.Ireland bait and tackle shops

Uploading these maps to Garmin GPS.

Most of the locations happen to be on the North coast, so if anyone would like to PM me good locations around the Down coastline, I'd be more than happy to add them in.

A brief example of the info I need:
thats brilliant mate ,you must have put a lot of work into that .well done.
cheers rab

·
Registered
6 Posts
need any marks on the donegal coast ive a few .At Teelin,St Johns point, rossnowlagh shore,Atlantic drive Downings.:group:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
need any marks on the donegal coast ive a few .At Teelin,St Johns point, rossnowlagh shore,Atlantic drive Downings.:group:
I haven't the time to pin-point every location in Ireland by adding them to my map, nor do I think you've got the patience to reply to my pm's about each mark, so I only add marks to N.Ireland.

Why not start your own map for Donegal, louth, etc?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
the info is very very good,it must have taken you a while to do and i am glad there are people like you to help all us get fishing. thanks again and tight lines. nick

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
the info is very very good,it must have taken you a while to do and i am glad there are people like you to help all us get fishing. thanks again and tight lines. nick
One of those slow weeks Nick, nothing else to do but mark out my favourite fishing spots. Thought there would have been more people making their own maps and posting them on the site, but they must be busy.:eek:hmy:

·
Registered
80 Posts
just to let you know there is a few more you can add to the species list .
whiting
dabb
haddock (only small ones but a rare site in N.I)
sea trout
and there are alot of launce around during the summer months

·
Registered
80 Posts
bally henry bay in strangford lough just up from Portaferry itself is a good spot for wrasse. there is a small point level with the portruding wreck where you can park . and fish from the beach . It's very rocky and weedy so strong tackle is recommended

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've started two maps, one detailing N.Ireland's shore fishing locations and the other for bait and tackle shops. The fishing locations and bait shops are seperated into 2 different maps because its easier to store into your GPS.:thumbs:

Shore fishing locations

Most of the locations happen to be on the North coast, so if anyone would like to PM me good locations around the Down coastline, I'd be more than happy to add them in.

Heyy mate sum good info is there any other marks round portballintrae and can u fish from the shore

Tight lines chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
There's another fishing shop in Ballymena called Mid Antrim Angling Centre, it's pretty small but has plenty of tackle for both sea and freshwater. Address : 14 William Street, Ballymena, BT43 6AW.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Ulsterman, I live near Newmarket in England but my partners family originate from northern Ireland Ballymoney, Ballymena area, 3 years ago we were over visiting and did the coast road from Larne to Donegal and I fell love with that coastline, you are so lucky to have all that fishing on your doorstep, at the time I said to my partners uncle that I would have bring my gear over and have a go but knowing where to get bait and venue knowledge have been stalling the idea so having seen your thread I thought the answer to my problems had arrived but sadly I can't open your maps so wondered if could send them via a pm or any information would be very much appreciated
many thanks
codrod

·
Registered
27 Posts
sorry but have been busy at work well it is the curse of the fishing class, but thank you very much IanC and yes the link is spot on also thanks to everyone for the information hopefully we see you on the beach one day and no doubt will be posting on here for more info when sorting a trip out tight lines all

·
Registered
7 Posts

Shore fishing locations

Strangford lough is excellent for all species and cracker saltwater fly fishing , bin the heavy sea tackle rods & leads , go lite and enjoy the sport.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts