World Sea Fishing Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Strangford lough is excellent for all species and cracker saltwater fly fishing , bin the heavy sea tackle rods & leads , go lite and enjoy the sport.

So you any gear your selling like a big heavy Cono-flex or a Zziplex or ?;)

Fedstar...:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm currently working on county down at the minute M8, if you've got some good marks along the Down coast PM them to me.

would you be able to make a map of Donegal and the West coast? Don't take on too big an area or else it will take forever to load up. I've found that the size of N.Ireland's coastline would be about the limit, if your map is any larger it becomes very slow, so I'm presuming the coast of Donegal would be sufficient for one map, although Leitrim and Sligo may be squeesed in also.

Someone with Local knowledge of the Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo coastline would be able to predict if all three could be included in their map, without the map taking a lifetime to load.

Hi guys
As an English fella about to move to kircubbin on the peninsula I am keen to get back to do some sea fishing . I have been scouring the Internet to try to find some deepish water shore marks in the area . The maps and advice you have put on are better than anything I have found so far . Fair play to you all.
I have a question tho , I have noticed that I have not seen anyone digging or pumping lug ? I have purchased a lug pump to bring with me when I move over . Having been to the beach several times in ballywalter and seen the amount of worm casts around I thought it would be a good idea to get one ? Please put me right on this , will I be wasting my time and if so where do I get rag and lugworm ?
Plus , a final question . Any deeper marks within a pensioners casting range from the beach ? Help would be appreciated . Thanks fellas

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Trevor your in the right place for Cockles and Lug in Kircubbin,
you"ll not have to go far for lug i can tell you that. You can also dig sandeels on the beach as well at low spring tides. This time of year the Strangford Lug are well down deep, and i dont know if your pump will draw them out from that far down,, its a three/ four spit dig ?

Being inside Strangford Lough i don"t know of many deep water marks but i"m am sure a pint will loosen a few tongues down the bar. Not as some would believe in Northern Ireland that we are all anglers, you aint seen no one digging down that way because there are about
50 anglers total on the Down coast lol at most hahahah.
Maybe stick another wee post on the catch reports as this thread is not seen by many.
R=Mac on the NI forum page is from Portaferry way, he may tell you a few easy spots.

Now ragworm ye say ????? at 6 quid a bag to buy you"ll not get to many telling you their Rag beds hahahah sorry Trevor that"s the way it is lol but Rag, white Rag, blow and yellow tails are able to be got,, look out for rocky or muddy ground for the rag over here..

Dont be a stranger Trevor,, join in we the lads write a post or two and i"m sure you"ll find out all ye want to know,, and more;)

And welcome to Norn Ireland:cool:

Mark...:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Trevor your in the right place for Cockles and Lug in Kircubbin,
you"ll not have to go far for lug i can tell you that. You can also dig sandeels on the beach as well at low spring tides. This time of year the Strangford Lug are well down deep, and i dont know if your pump will draw them out from that far down,, its a three/ four spit dig ?

Being inside Strangford Lough i don"t know of many deep water marks but i"m am sure a pint will loosen a few tongues down the bar. Not as some would believe in Northern Ireland that we are all anglers, you aint seen no one digging down that way because there are about
50 anglers total on the Down coast lol at most hahahah.
Maybe stick another wee post on the catch reports as this thread is not seen by many.
R=Mac on the NI forum page is from Portaferry way, he may tell you a few easy spots.

Now ragworm ye say ????? at 6 quid a bag to buy you"ll not get to many telling you their Rag beds hahahah sorry Trevor that"s the way it is lol but Rag, white Rag, blow and yellow tails are able to be got,, look out for rocky or muddy ground for the rag over here..

Dont be a stranger Trevor,, join in we the lads write a post or two and i"m sure you"ll find out all ye want to know,, and more;)

And welcome to Norn Ireland:cool:

Thanks for your reply Mark . I'm really looking forward to a bit of beach fishing again , it's been years since I used to go regularly to the south coast in Kent . For many years now I have been a coarse angler chasing carp and more recently barbel but I'm told there are not many of those over there . Carp probably but not of the size I am used to lol. However , a change of lifestyle warrants a change of angling habit and sea fishing will be my new passion .
I appreciate your advice mate and hopefully will sea you sometime on the beach and will share my flask of very sweet coffee or maybe a hip flask of something stronger .

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
No problem Trevor.

Like i say stick a post up on the reports page and we"ll get a natter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No problem Trevor.

Like i say stick a post up on the reports page and we"ll get a natter.

Hi mate
I just wrote a thread but I'm not yet familiar with the forum site and seem to have lost it ! I'm not very techno lol, where n how do I find the reports page ?

·
Banned
25 Posts
Lol ulster an stop sending everyone up to my spots
It is okay mr fishstick. Nobody is catching your fishes at this spots. There is no pictures of these giant fishes. You must be really good at the fishing. Do you now the man they call the john Wilson. Is he your brother or a friend to you. I must see the big fishes. Can I watch you catch them mr. Thank you

·
Registered
572 Posts
Has anyone ever thought to fish 100 yards to the left or right of the well known hotspots. Even if every small fish was caught within casting distance of the hotspots this only represents a tiny proportion of the coastline and an even smaller percentage of the coastal waters.

Just saying.

Now, the trawlers. That's a different box of frogs ( or paella)!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys, i have been trying to download the shore fishing locations maps so that i can put it onto my Garmin satnav but it doesnt seem to load map when i try to follow the instructions. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mate why I cant upload this map

Shore fishing locations

Uploading these maps to Garmin GPS.

Most of the locations happen to be on the North coast, so if anyone would like to PM me good locations around the Down coastline, I'd be more than happy to add them in.

A brief example of the info I need:[/QUOTE]

41 - 54 of 54 Posts