World Sea Fishing Forums banner

n norfolk sand

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Norfolk Boy 
#1 ·
been fishing the sand over the last 6 weeks using pumped yellows. very mixed results mid September 12 bass one night nothing the next. two weeks ago 3bass 1 sole and 6 flounder.
last night 3 bass and a mix of small tings and dabs 10 take home size, dab every cast if the tings didn't get there first.
all sessions on the flood fishing into darkness on big tides
never been more than one other person fishing. so lack of fish reported probably due to lack of people fishing. if you don't try you won't catch!

#5 ·
Ah that's confusing. I'd call Cromer to Holme North Norfolk as that's the coast facing north, past Cromer is going NE round to East Norfolk at Caister/Yarmouth. If you're talking the North half of Norfolk though you're spot on. All down to interpretation.
Bit further than brancaster , looks like NN starts around burnham / holkham ? And ends ?

Attachments

#11 ·
Its all cloak and dagger on here Fly Guy ! dont believe what you read , when I first joined was lead a merry dance by one particular member !
All reports should be looked at merely as a guide to what's around. No mark will fish the same two days running let along days apart. No two anglers will fish the mark exactly the same distance, rigs, baits etc. Ten yards either side of a piece of good ground and you can miss out completely. Local knowledge is the key and people who fish a venue regularly will eventually find the right spot and how to fish it. Try the odd PM to people asking for helpful tips and advise and you will find many are willing to help but not to put such info on a open forum. I and others on here have sent PMs to members in other regions like Sussex, Kent, Wales etc asking for info and have been rewarding with bumper catches and even at times been taken by locals to their favourite marks. I'm not saying that there isn't the odd dummy report on here but they are normally pretty silly and obvious. Most on here are good people.

#12 ·
I know obviously it seems irrelevant to some ! But N sand is no where near NWN sand on the report above and going by what was caught to me it’s obvious the area to which should be quite suffice as a catch report !
I think due to the fact the op mentioned only one other fishing tells its own story in its self that not enough people are actually going and trying and relying on specific marks !
Personally I don’t rely on any catch report on here but more a case of looking at weather / tide time / tide heights etc etc and makeing my own decicions .
No 2 tides are ever the same even at the same venues !
Well done to the op for trying

#17 ·
Now without being argumentative I’m not quite getting the last bit of your comment tbh ! ALL REAL sea anglers ?? Shingle cley to weybourne ?? Sand trimmingham to bacton ??.. I’m sorry but if that’s your take on on where REAL sea anglers fish I have no hope in Norfolk :(....ps the shingle don’t end at weybourne
hi ya, nice to chat, i never said ALL REAL, i said to all REAL, and nowhere did i say they fished there, although trimmingham to bacton are famous cod beaches, and i have no problems with fishing those, as for the shingle and sand, ive only ever used the name of the village or town whenever i mention my fishing spots, unless its to family, all in all, it was tongue in cheek, for the guy in cambridge
ps i would also say from the last time i was down there, cley to weybourne are more like pebble beaches and then it changes more to cobbles as you go towards sherringham, you dont get much shingle on any beach for long

#19 ·
An underfished part of Norfolk sand ! Bet you don’t see many people that way ? But then you did say that in report
I believe a lot of people just go for easy street and fish especially the beaches that rely on catches of yesteryear by the looks of it or just fish the STONES :Oo:

#22 ·
An underfished part of Norfolk sand ! Bet you don’t see many people that way ? But then you did say that in report
I believe a lot of people just go for easy street and fish especially the beaches that rely on catches of yesteryear by the looks of it or just fish the STONES :Oo:
i find your comments on beaches of yesteryear very strange, as im sure that you, like many anglers return to beaches where they have caught before, also having boat fished for 30 yrs, im glad the skipper would rely on past history and put us on a mark where he had caught before and not put us on a virgin mark, and i know trawler skippers keep records to look back on too
also there comes a time when all anglers either go for easy street or just stop
ive known anglers who have had to stop due to ill health, and it leaves a huge hole in their life, im not there yet, but i know as each winter passes i get that bit closer, thats why i tell people, lots of weed, snags and no fish, to enjoy their fishing trip, it may well be your last

#24 ·
hi ya, im sure one guy had reports on here of his cod catchers in the spring from trimm, read by many people, and i know of a cod catch from bacton, and as famous = known by many people, they must be famous,
i must point out that these beaches are not my go too beaches, i go for the less famous (less known)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.