World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Caught this beautiful 65lb stingray yesterday with my two boys jumping for joy , biggest fish in sure I'm gonna ever catch from uk beach.
Screenshot_20200527-082109.png
IMG_20200526_143034.jpg

Had a few months away from here, and life in general and what a welcome back , just what I needed after the last 8 months !!

Baits were being stripped in 5 minutes , felt like I was fighting a losing battle, and then the road made a getaway for the sea !!!

My cobras are in a pawn shop atm due to falling on hard times, and was dreading hooking one of these to be honest in a way, but my throwaround , 5 year old £12.99 ron Thompson 11'6 bass rod matched with caperlan baitrunner and 18lb line were out to the test on this one , my first EVER stingray, in my first trip fishing for them ! It ain't your tackle , it's how you wiggle it ;)

Whole king ragworm injected with my crab glug done the trick on size 1\0 sakuma hooks with 40lb snood

Fought very hard all the way in , rod was buckled over !!!

I also still have like 35 glugs to give away to everyone who asked before !!!!

Fish of a lifetime, the beachgoers went wild !!

In awe , still shaken up
Pictures from 2 different phones as mine was playing up, thankfully a passer by took some and emailed them to me, what a gent !!!

Bucket list fish !!!! Must of been 18 inches thick easily !!!
IMG_20200526_143028.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
WOW, that's a great feat bud, and awsome to get it with ya kids, Nice 1.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks @judyb The videos were certainly "spirited"

Stunning creature , unhooked her in the water, and had a constant stream of water flowing over her for the whole time I had her, just sat in a foot of water with her , best feeling ever !!! Perfectly hooked, and sure she was laden with young , was ultra careful and respectful with her, just so elegant , AMAZING .as soon as I saw it 30 yards out I knew it was a big one, as I've done catching for ages so used to lumps this size, but to fling a worm into the big blue and that to find it is something else. God I love sea fishing :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Amazing catch and story. If anyone needed inspiration to get out there again this has to be it.
Love the fact that it was on "budget" gear - that speaks volumes about what matters in angling.
A sincere well done bud! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Fantastic. Well done, and to do it in front of your kids.....priceless.

:happydance::):):)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I won’t lie, I’m proper jealous of that one!
What an absolute clonker, you must be made up. Massive congrats mate, well done indeed.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I won’t lie, I’m proper jealous of that one!
What an absolute clonker, you must be made up. Massive congrats mate, well done indeed.
Thanks @Stormtrooper ,I'm still buzzing, was shaking for an hour after !!!! smoked a 9' long ***, had a beer and just sat there pinching myself at how accomplished and lucky I felt !!

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Well done Dom. Was only thinking this morning that you had not been on here for a while. Cracking result...And with the kids there to witness the monster too.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts