World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else had problems seperating these namix moulds ive got 3 2in the 5oz and 1 6oz and theyre all the same cant seperate bloody nightmare worst moulds ive bought , ive got moulds from uk hooks the dca moulds are great with no probs ,but these namix are i nightmare even the holes for the grips to go through are not lined up very well ,,

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yep I have the namix 5 and 6oz mould and I always have problems getting the leads out of the moulds, but not actually separating one mould from another?
Elliot

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
"Grease" the mold with candle smoke before filling it

·
Registered
442 Posts
If I were you I would drop Jason an email explaining the problem. He has helped me out in the past and seemed only to keen to help. It might be that you have a faulty batch of moulds, or he might be able to give you some advice, but he is certainly a nice guy and would iI think would be mortified to think his product is not working as it should.

I have the 5 3/4 oz flatback that takes the clip downs, and have no problems with it other than the one time I forgot to put the grip wire guides in and filled the holes with molten lead, that was fun trying to clear them out, did teach me a lesson though.

Other daft thing I did was trying to cast 3 or 4 leads at a time (using my other moulds) and poured into the namix, but forgot to pull the guides out while the lead was still soft, again bu88ered a set of wire guides up, another lesson learned.

Do you pre heat the mould before using it as this also helps?

Good luck hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
my 6 oz one sticks to one side of the mould, it is a bit nippy and slows the process down, however the 7oz one... i cant fault it !!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
i have the 4 5 6oz namix moulds and think they are top leads,who really cares if you have to pull a lead from half the mould,its not exactly hard is it lol...

·
Registered
415 Posts
erm......i use pliers to remove the little buggers from the mould,i tried using my hands and it doesnt work......bit hot you see!!!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
as already said, give jason a ring, im not giving number out over the net, but remember these leads have deep recesses, i have made 100s of these leads and its all the joy of making your own.

gazza

·
Registered
588 Posts
and if a short ginger person has no problems it must be easy:clap:
sorry mate but the time you took to moan about a quality mould on here
you could have got another 30 leads out.:thumbdown:thumbdown

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
But in his opinion, and a few others, its not a quality mould.
:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown
So maybe he's entitled to moan about it?:rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
But in his opinion, and a few others, its not a quality mould.
:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown
So maybe he's entitled to moan about it?:rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm:
forget the mould the leads are great,you dont tie the mould on your line do you:cc_surren

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
these moulds should already be spot on for £30 + £3 p+p

just can seem to seperate the mould after pouring the lead in ,you have got to really bash them to seperate ,wont be buying anymore of these lead moulds ,my uk hooks mould and dca fall apart after taking the pins out for the gripwires ,these namix christ its a hammer job ,,

any one got a contact number for jason or whoever makes these namix

ive had to tell 3 tackle shops i can no longer do your namix leads for this reason

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I got the namix 5 and 6 oz moulds and can honestly say I've never had a problem with them done 60 leads now and all turned out great must have a good set of moulds :clap:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i've got one of the earlier(£25) 5oz moulds with the shallow grooves for the grip wire's,not a problem as a well placed elastic band sorts that bit out,my mould sticks as well but a wee tap seperates the mould and a pair or pliers on the lead eye and one on the bottom half sorts it,not really a problem for me although i guess the op has a point even if imo a small one :huh:
got a ron thompson and a gemini/gemini splash down and they seperate just fine
still very good leads regardless of a few teething probs,would'nt be without my 'sticky namix' :clap:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
these moulds should already be spot on for £30 + £3 p+p

just can seem to seperate the mould after pouring the lead in ,you have got to really bash them to seperate ,wont be buying anymore of these lead moulds ,my uk hooks mould and dca fall apart after taking the pins out for the gripwires ,these namix christ its a hammer job ,,

any one got a contact number for jason or whoever makes these namix

ive had to tell 3 tackle shops i can no longer do your namix leads for this reason
is it within the law to produce and sell these leads to shops?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
fudge your a cheeky f4cker, fair doos.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.