World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys n galls
I did do a search before posting but no results came up, so il ask ....... has any one used nanofil for standard shore work other than lure fishing?? never used it before i have used braid quiet alot, but thinking of giving it a go, any info good or bad would be helpfull,
regards mike:thumbs:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ive used it for lure fishing. Floats on top of the water well. I did colour the line with felt tip to disguise it a bit. Seems to be a bit more stretchy that normal mono, saying that i never had a brake off. Seemed have the same abrasion rate as mono too.

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
have a look in the lure section, always gets a response nanofil, been sold more as a lure line.
biggest lies in the world
Im on the pill
and its all for charity
berkeley B.S. and line diameters.

G

·
I looked at the stuff, but you can buy a reel for the money it costs. they must be laughing all the way to the bank. I wonder how few pennies it costs to manufacture.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have tried it for light beach casting and found it to be quite vile stuff. I am pretty skilled with knots but the nanofil has be beaten - theres just no way I can get close to Berkleys claimed knot %

The other main problem is as it is so limp it can crack off due to ring wraps etc at the speed of light. When I can get a cast away the distance increase looks to live up to the hype. Dam impressive!

I will try it for lure fishing next year as the increase in casting distance is very attractive but don't know what the f**k to do about the knotting problem............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts