World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to nash point yesterday looking for the smuts started fishing at 06:45 and caught a doggie first catch, the swell was huge but the ledge protected me from the surf, surflite turned up at 730ish late again lol
there was a healthy westerly wind plus the heavens opened and soaked the both of us, we had no bites on live crab or squid, so we decided to pack up at 10ish, an hour aft low water and head to sully bay for shelter and comfy fishing, and the sun came out and wind died down, "brilliant we can dry off"
Hunger got the better of surflite and he headed to shops as i got to beach and set up stall, 10 mins later as surflite was walking towards me i pulled in a schoolie on crab, then came stupidity
As causeway flooded we witnessed a family who proceeded to wade accross onto island with two kids no older than 6ish, water past adults waist and kids on their backs, i had phone out with 999 typed in and we discussed possibilities of having to swim rescue the kids if needed.
Amasingly they made it, probably due to the small neap tide
then 20 mins later the dad started wading back accross only to turn back when water was shoulder height (wot a ****)
anyway penarth coast guard was called and they were ferried accross to beach by the steps ( risking kids lives why) i was fuming for a bit and couldnt believe what they risked
anyway back to fishing, dead on high water my rod tip slowly bent over and i struck into weight, after good fight i pulled in a 7lb conger on crab squid wrap, so tactics changed and we both put bigger baits into the bay, but that was the end of the bites
picture below of fish and stupid family crossing and being rescued
oh yeah surflite Blanked again, quite unusual normally i blank
bass.jpg

wonger.jpg

stupid.jpg

lucky.jpg

rescue.jpg

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
well done on your session:yeah:, some people just can't think:thumbdown

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
same sort of thing happend at mumbles today mate with one idiot on the lighthouse decided to cross back an hour after the channel flooded he made it ok (lucky it was a small tide)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice sesh mate - pity the people's stupidity took the edge off it

·
Registered
601 Posts
well done lads, tidy sesh glad the kids got back ok, how can the old man be so dull when hes got 2 heads he can use to think.
:bangin:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Well done Andy,, you are outfishing surflite on a regular basis lately bud, good on ya for making the call to rescue the kids and their inept parents, (i would have left the adults on their until the tide went out) nice conger too,, Tight 'uns,, Marc..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts