World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. what is your most nasty, or amusing or both, stories from fishing?

mine is: I was fishing, chesil beach, at ferrybridge, on a grey and dismal day, with a good bit of swell running, mindin me own buisiness, when this guy comes over the top, with more equipment you could shake a stick at, and parches his ****, no more than 20ft from me, which annoyed me, as the beach was completely deserted.

Within 5 mins, a female, comes over the top, screaming and shouting at this bloke, and she starts throwing his gear, towards the sea. he manages to stop her, and moves his stuff that was thrown, just above the water line, and then proceeds to carry on his row with the misses.

BUT: a bloody big wave, came in, and engulfed his tackle, and the lot was swept out to sea.

if you thought the initial row was bad..................

to cut a long story short. i managed to catch one of his rods, save his tackle bag, from the surf, but all the rod rests, bivvy, and another rod, seat box and tackle was gone.

i would loved to of known what the arguement was about!!

can anybody match this.......or.. WAS IT YOU? :D

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
What a great story! I think you should write a script incorporating it! What led up and what transpired? The mind boggles regarding reasons, but you must admire the tenacity of the lady (Chesil is a long way away from roads as I understand it!) Bet he thought he'd got away with it! Must be said it's a change from the usual cutting up of clothes, destruction of record/CD collections, or even Pub confrontations. ( AND, ... before you get any ideas, NO I have no personal experience of ritual humiliation of this nature!) Perhaps she was just totally pi**ed off with only Doggies coming home!

Moral: If you decide on some illicit fishing pick your venue carefully!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
mines would have to be when myself and 2 friends went out in a small boat out of kirkcaldy. for the both of them it was there first time boat fishing . we had been fishing for an hour or so when my m8 derek screams ive got a fish ,you could see the rod nodding up and down so i told him to reel it in .his rod bent and bent and bent nearly doubling over ,i thought jesus thats a good fish.i tried to show him how to pump the fish up but it was just to heavy for him so he gave me the rod .after about 5 minutes we could see a cod coming up and i thought we were into a record fish a few seconds later i noticed a rather big shadow coming up behind the cod on the second hook .what the hells that we thought .this has to be one of the weirdest catchs.it was a portable tv .we had a laugh and chucked it back over .i gutted the cod he just caught and thrown the guts back in ,a couple of minutes later my other friend paul says he is into a fish, and reels in the guts i had throw in before .but the best has to be watching paul tring to do a dump over the side without falling in ,what a laugh. :p :p

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
A few spring to mind for me, such as when my dad was baiting up with ragworm and oneburst and sprayed all that weird sh1t that they bleed into his eye. Or when he was reeling in ultra fast to avoid the snags and the trace swung between his legs and hooked his backside. Too many to mention lol.

G

·
A friend and myself were fishing Ogmore Deeps one night, with the steady glow from petrol lamp just starting to fade a tiny bit. There was a slight fog/mist in!

We were convinced that a ship was about to colide with the deeps, we were ready to leg it up the hill and the rocks, sod the gear.

But all it was, our shadows and the yellow light from the lamp plus we were knackered!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Here's what happened on Skinningrove jetty one day while catching mackerel.
There was about 6 young buys spinning, when all of a sudden their was a big splash one young lad fell off the jetty and after he got back out dripping wet my pal said to him what was it like, he shouted back " All Dark & Bubbles" we had to laugh :D :D :D he was ok though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts