World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Does anyone know if Navionics app has an option to view sea bed types? Ie , rocky, mussle bed, sand, clay etc.
According to the Help system, seabed areas are only available for N,W ans S France, UK Channel, North Corsica(????) and some USA lakes. I have it on mine and even switched on, it doesn't show anything useful, vast areas all have the same symbol and I am struggling to find a key to the symbols anyway. See below, the pink dots. Note the snail trails of my Sonar Charts Live, updating my chart with real data as I travel!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the Help system, seabed areas are only available for N,W ans S France, UK Channel, North Corsica(????) and some USA lakes. I have it on mine and even switched on, it doesn't show anything useful, vast areas all have the same symbol and I am struggling to find a key to the symbols anyway.
Thanks Salar, thought i was going mad, pretty annoyed it dosent support our area though. Oh well, i shall dig out the paper charts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the Help system, seabed areas are only available for N,W ans S France, UK Channel, North Corsica(????) and some USA lakes. I have it on mine and even switched on, it doesn't show anything useful, vast areas all have the same symbol and I am struggling to find a key to the symbols anyway.
Oh by the way, followed your advice on your website with regards to polishing a hull. Turned out a dream. Top stuff

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't think I "did" anything to be honest!

This is how I have the map settings setup in the menu:

image.png

There is a switch to turn on Seabed Areas so that could be it. It only shows the sea bed type is only displayed at certain zooms so you may need to zoom inover an area to show it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts