World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a nice wee bit to try the other day when i was at the caravan,
check this out for comfort lol!!, sitting in the car watching the rods, luxury!
turned out to be another doggy hotspot(surprise surprise!) with 6 dogs and a flounder but was using some mackie and some frozen blacks so shouldn't have been surprised with the dogs, at least there was some fish there and will have to try it again with some fresh lug mabye

Attachments

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very near abbeyburn foot brings back some good times:fishing1:
its not that near abbeyburnfoot, its on the carrick shore near to barlocco and ardwell islands, will have to try abbeyburnfoot again soon tho, not fished there for ages lol!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Recognised Auchenlarie in the background, and front of Isles of Fleet in the foreground. Try the two main islands themselves, for pollack, and the chance of conger, huss, smoothhound and god knows what else. Good adventure ground.

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Recognised Auchenlarie in the background, and front of Isles of Fleet in the foreground. Try the two main islands themselves, for pollack, and the chance of conger, huss, smoothhound and god knows what else. Good adventure ground.
aye, you've said before that barlocco is a good spot jack, where on the island is the best mark as i am going to try it soon hopefully?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Luxury fishing Steven ! Shame nowt much apart from doggies. Keep the holiday reports coming!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
aye, you've said before that barlocco is a good spot jack, where on the island is the best mark as i am going to try it soon hopefully?
From the two islands I prefer Ardwell, although it is a big island there is only one good spot to fish throughout the tidal range, and that is at the front left. Past the cottage, and what looks like an old well, you will see a rock that stands proud and when you reach it, looks like a seat. Great stance. Have had dogs, conger and pollack from there. On Barlocco, mid way along the long island there are good stances both left and right. ( pollack and dogs although other species posible .) As you can only access the islands at low tide, once there, do a recce to see the lay of the land. Best when high water is around mid day as these are the biggest tides and the sea will ebb sufficiently to let you walk over to the islands. On the smallest tides, they remain islands. If you do venture across, mind you are stuck there for at least eight hours, so pick a day with a decent weather forecast.

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Luxury fishing Steven ! Shame nowt much apart from doggies. Keep the holiday reports coming!
not much more to report from the holls steven, plenty of dogs, flounder and eels but that was it really, was hoping for some bass or smoothies which i get from near this area sometimes but was not to be!

·
Registered
479 Posts
we kept meaning to go west in search of bass but haven't made the journey yet - been told of a good surf beach that fishes well at low tide in the evening

·
Registered
651 Posts
found a nice wee bit to try the other day when i was at the caravan,
check this out for comfort lol!!, sitting in the car watching the rods, luxury!
turned out to be another doggy hotspot(surprise surprise!) with 6 dogs and a flounder but was using some mackie and some frozen blacks so shouldn't have been surprised with the dogs, at least there was some fish there and will have to try it again with some fresh lug mabye
Where ur fishing there is a good shot for the bass. Just take a bucket of crab or use spinners. It also can be a good shot for codling in the winter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.