World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to fish there today with 2 mates but we arrived late and most of the tidy ledges my mate usually fishes were taken so we walked a little towards rest bay to find somewhere to fish! (my 1st time fishing these marks so just went with it)

Anyway I caught 3 small turbot and a small eyed ray (My 1st ray off the shore for ages caught on tiger prawn of all things!!)

My mate Del also had a doggie and a turbot

Some nice ledges down there to fish from.......I'm gonna try em again sometime!!

Heres the ray
what do you reckon on size we didn't weigh it but i've guessed it at around 2lb

·
Registered
331 Posts
great going buddy i hope you remembered the way so we can porche their spot when they not there lol. good going you got a thing for them turbot this year. nice ray also you can take me down there next weekend and ill catch his father ok.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ay up until Monknash I hadn't had a turbot off the shore now 5 turbos so far this month

Seems like there is a few good marks down there.......an i was well happy with that ray as well been trying for a ray off the shore for ages!!

You'd Like it down there

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Ay up until Monknash I hadn't had a turbot off the shore now 5 turbos so far this month

Seems like there is a few good marks down there.......an i was well happy with that ray as well been trying for a ray off the shore for ages!!

You'd Like it down there
Well done fella its nice to see you catching mate see you soon dude tight lines

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,624 Posts
well in there m8 - good report and pics - well done!
i would say around 3lb.....

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,624 Posts
cheers fella been trying for a raymondo for ages as you know with no luck so although he wasn't the biggest I was well chuffed!!

same here mate - have tried hard for them this year with goos success.......

3..... 1 thornie of just under 3lb oz and my first spotted rays of 2lb 8oz and 4lb 13oz......

good luck on them throughout the year m8......

tight lines,

steffyenck.

·
Registered
698 Posts
well done mate, you done better than we did last night! all we had was woofers down there.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I read your report Flex and fair play you had a few dogs and to be honest i thought we would get more than just the 1 doggie......maybe the lack of doggies about gave the turbot and ray a chance to get at the bait lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
:clap3: nice sess there mate,ive yet to catch my first ray, i would say around the 3lb. mark,good run of turbots as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts