World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for somewhere to fish the river and went on Google maps and saw this concrete pier looking thing, just wondering if anyone had fished from there before?

image-1544741101.jpg

It's next to the pin, any info would be cool, thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've fished there a few times - & blanked! :( I have talked to others who have caught schoolies from that side of the river, not from the pier but just on the seaward side from it on medium tides on flying c's but not this early in the season. Considering its a bit of a walk on that side of the river, I'd say its probably not worth the effort at the minute. But I'd love to see u post & prove me wrong! I've seen mullet on the other river bank by the concrete quay in the summer too.
It's a lovely spot though, I've seen curlews, oystercatchers, egrets etc there. Unfortunately I also saw an "angler" with his young son finish fishing & throw his carrier bag full of rubbish into the river. :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply pal, no I think I'll leave it until the summer and try it a few times but i don't see why it wouldn't hold fish there! Looks a good mark to me! And I bet there was a bin not 100metres away failing that he could of put it in his rucksack.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If the estuarys where fishing well for flounder this year it would be worth a go now but this winters been terri le everywhere. Once the bass are in properly its a lovely spot to fish but i prefer he port talbot side as you can move about the river easier. Ive had some fantastic sessions on the bass down there in the summer and the odd mullet aswell but the afan river fishes much better for mullet. I found an old newspaper in my attic from the 80s and theres an article about a tope comp in the river with tope to 40lb weighed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts