World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all if you are thinking of going to nec fishing tackle and boat show absolute waste of time and money went with big jimmy morgan and his dad if you are into carp fishing/fresh water it is worth while if salt water fishing dont bother.boat section poor showing i bought a new rod & reel but could have got same deal on the net.:uhuh: (could been out blanking instead)tight lines.bob

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
sorry to hear that bobby

the sea angling side of the sport has to get there fingers out as they could make some serious money at such a well advertised event ,

was the casting events taking place ????

tightlines ....................................daz

·
Registered
269 Posts
bigjimmy here as bob said nec total waste time,unless carp or freshwater your speciality ,shame really.hopefully sea tackle suppliers will get there fingers out .
still it beat going to work

G

·
hi all if you are thinking of going to nec fishing tackle and boat show absolute waste of time and money went with big jimmy morgan and his dad if you are into carp fishing/fresh water it is worth while if salt water fishing dont bother.boat section poor showing i bought a new rod & reel but could have got same deal on the net.:uhuh: (could been out blanking instead)tight lines.bob
I'm saying nowt !

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=556504#post556504

Ubd

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I wrote roughly the same thing last year.
Tony's tackle (the only sea fishing retailer there) are doing an offer on the Grey's PZ match, buy one get one free!!! Just got the same offer from him over the phone, and he didn't even charge postage.
Don't want to sound smug but it does go to show that there are far better offers on line than you'll ever get at the nec.

Sorry to hear about your wasted day bobby, but at least you've found out for yourself.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Some people never learn, after last year i'm surprised anyone went there
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

·
Banned
549 Posts
hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm usual rules apply then................................. just a load of coarse anglers talking CARP!!!!

tightlines
alan

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Casting instruction is outside on the lake with Phil and Jo Hyde, best advice is go and see em for a few tips and skip paying the entrance fee unless you do coarse fishing. I am going either tommorrow or Sunday, the latter being better to bag a few bargains but I am not under any illusion with regards to the sea fishing section. I had money that was burning a hole in my pocket last year and couldnt spend it, stalls that couldnt sell the tack they were displaying, the tack I wanted no where to be seen !

Did get a snog off an Irish guy though :whistling

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
No idea what the NEC charge for their space but my wife recently went to an exhibition at Harrogate, they were charging £3,500 for a minimum stand area of 16 square foot for a 3 day show. Anyone going to the NEC to sell tackle would have to at least cover that cost as well as wages, accomodation food and travel in order to break even.

There is then the strange ruling by emap (applied last year, not so sure about the present) that the manufacturer had to exhibit in order for a dealer to retail their product.

No wonder there is hardly any exhibitors there and that tackle is to be found cheaper elsewhere where the overheads are not so big.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
No idea what the NEC charge for their space but my wife recently went to an exhibition at Harrogate, they were charging £3,500 for a minimum stand area of 16 square foot for a 3 day show. Anyone going to the NEC to sell tackle would have to at least cover that cost as well as wages, accomodation food and travel in order to break even.

There is then the strange ruling by emap (applied last year, not so sure about the present) that the manufacturer had to exhibit in order for a dealer to retail their product.

No wonder there is hardly any exhibitors there and that tackle is to be found cheaper elsewhere where the overheads are not so big.
it amazes me that manufacturers of sea gear would consider the n.e.c at all. the cost of exhibiting plus other overheads are horrendous . the fact that restrictions are imposed on them must make them avoid the exhibition like the plague.
you can browse a good selection of tackle at some of your local tackle shops, where you can decide if you want to buy or not. you can also contact good manufacturers direct for advice, total cost -- petrol money - or a phone call.
the bad press the n.e.c has had recently should have been enough to warn all sea anglers off.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
it amazes me that manufacturers of sea gear would consider the n.e.c at all. the cost of exhibiting plus other overheads are horrendous . the fact that restrictions are imposed on them must make them avoid the exhibition like the plague.
you can browse a good selection of tackle at some of your local tackle shops, where you can decide if you want to buy or not. you can also contact good manufacturers direct for advice, total cost -- petrol money - or a phone call.
the bad press the n.e.c has had recently should have been enough to warn all sea anglers off.
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: well said
cuberd

1 - 17 of 17 Posts