World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
petzl 5 led duo head lamp.. 79.99.. 5 leds for normall use.. and has a main bulb for direct light.. very good lamp..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
led lenser very good lamp with 160 lumen output pick them up for around 55.00 they do other models but this is the best one

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
lookin 4 a nice headlamp, any ideas ware 2 get a good 1 from without takin out a mortgage, lol any advise would be appreciated,!
i used to have a tiga but sold it as got miffed off carrying the battery then got a H7 ledlenser then sold that and got a CREE 300 lumins twice as bright as any ledlenser uses 3AAA batteries sorted for £10 with p+p now thats a bargain

check out the CREE headlamps on fleabay

try thishttp://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_..._nkw=cree+headlamps&_sacat=See-All-Categories

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
Or if you just want to see where your walking and enough light to see the tip of your rod and baiting up try your local pound shop, I got a few from the pound shop and I can see anything I need to and for 2 quid you got a spare as well, the batteries seem to last forever, always bashing about in my box in the winter and seem indestructible:thumbs:

·
Registered
720 Posts
i had the same dilema the other day and ended up buying a princeton tec apex pro from amazon for 70quid.. my mate has one so ino how good they are etc i would recommend this one

·
Registered
49 Posts
All above excellent advice.

Recently purchased the Petzl Tikka 2 about £35. Lightweight. variable light levels, long battery life (3 AAA), adjustable angle. Cannot find fault with it. Far better than the old "cavers" lead and battery case lamp. Would recommend for night fishing.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I have used a lenser for a few years, I recently got a cree off fleabay for £8 from H.K. puts out lots more light but the drain on the AAA cells is very high.I now use the duracell rechargeable batteries as they last the longest, I also found that not all battery chargers are equal as some of the better ones (maplin) provide a deeper charge.To take this a stage further, it would be a good idea to get a AA battery pack and fit it to the back of the headband and wire into the terminals of the 'old' case as 3x AA's would last more than twice as long.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Have a look here...

http://www.light-test.info/

the same pictures are in the right and left columns, so you can scroll down to the light you fancy in one, then compare it with a differnt light in the other.

Check out the Fenix hp10, LED lenser, and Petzl myo rxp. All brighter than the PrincetonTec Apex.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts