World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im hoping to get a new bass rod for my birthday. I am looking in the region of 40-50 quid. A decent second hand rod like the greys bze etc will suit me fine. I dont mind using auction sites. Hopefully i should get a result from the wsf members
Thanks Flambard :punk:

·
Registered
285 Posts
i just use the shakespeare odessa bass rod... its a good rod, i bought it as an early teen as it was cheap, and i used it for everything (basicly used it as a beach caster lol)... but the other day i tryd casting a 3 oz and mackerel head on it, and the 4th eye down snapped lol (line ran through it)... but ive had the rod for years.... i dont know too much about bass rods, but thats the one i got, as my mate had it too and he was (and still is) a great angler (was southwest junior fisherman 2 times in a row i think)

but thats all i can suggest from my own experience, but seeing as no-one had replyed i thought id let you know lol

·
C.T.A.C.
650 Posts
Don't get the cono-flex CFX bass as i had one and used it for beach casting in the end with a 5oz lead way to stiff.

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,039 Posts
if you look around you can find some brand new on the £50 mark, shimano hyperloop bass........ shakespeare salt bass......... are two for example very good value bass rods, try looking on some websites (listed in tsf magazine) before getting second hand is my advice............

·
Banned
3,248 Posts
If you can find one MASTERLINE Masterblaster very through action more of an "O" CURVE than C or J, will handle all wieghts from 1 to 6oz, i paid £25 for mine new hold it all day and will not explode soft baits unless you go mental with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts