World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have had an igloo for a couple of years now, like the space you get with it but find it a bit of a pain to put up in a strong wind, can anyone recommend a different shelter? Tf gear? Ron Thompson? Sundridge? Cheers Paul

·
Registered
626 Posts
I bought an Imax in the summer and it's stood up to everything the IoM has been able to throw at it so far. Light, stable, easy to put up, stays up when it's windy and keeps me dry. I bought mine after noticing how many locals use them and there can't be many better testing grounds than this place.

G

·
I got the Imax and the Ron Thompson. Both are good mate. i can't fault either of them. They let me down (i let them down) through my miss use of them. Stitching going on both around the top, but that's more me not undoing the velcro strip when packing up. easy to put up.. Looked at the Nerus many times (on the net) Looks good but possibly heavy. Cant comment on that never seen it .
I've just gone for the igloo why you changing? lol

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I got the tfgear hurricane shelter, had it two years now and it's a great shelter, picked it up in a sale in gooutdoors had it for 58 pound brand new, if it broke tomorrow I wouldnt hesitate in getting another one.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Still got the Ron Thompson shelter, but rarely used as every time I used it I spent 99% of my time further down the beach next to my tripod, even in the most inclement weather. Maybe time to offload it?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers chaps

·
Registered
405 Posts
Had the original beach buddy for years now and cant fault it, BUT when doing a long sesh at chesil with mate who has a bigaloo i keep thinking i've got to get one, it always looks so comfy....he never wants to leave the beach !

G

·
From all i've heard Pete it's simply the build quality... Most you hear about have been around for about 20 yrs. That's probably why they stopped making em. Manufacturers suss out if a product lasts to long they loose turnover...(so i've been told.) Any good kit you hear about has generally stopped being made for an inferior substitute
Just got an igloo krp, very early days but tis the mutts nuts...Time will tell!.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My John Holden beach buddy is 20 odd years old has a couple of small holes in it and needed a bolt in the spreader block , that's how well they were made lol if I could get another I'd probably take it even though I have a few shelters :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts