World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to everone .... just recently i broke my favourite rod it was a 5 meter cormoran seacor power surf .
It is now unrepairable :mad: and i can't find anywhere that sells them anymore so im looking at a new rod or a good second hand one i only have a budget off £80 ish and looks like the only tall rod i can get for my needs is a Penn Squadron Surf 453 15Ft but i'm sure there are better for the same sort off money ( i just don't know what they are ) .
So i would gratefull if anyone could give me some other to compare it to ... needs to allow long casting up to 7oz and a minimum off 14 ft .
many thanks .

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
Well if you want to cast 7oz forget the penn unless you like picking bits of rod up off the beach and like a 4-5 piece rod?

Look up Chukka on here has a Blackrock 15ft for £100 far better of to put the extra to that and have a real rod something with some balls but your not going to find many long rods casting 7oz not designed for that many long rods can punt 5oz a long way plus further than can with 7oz most long rods conti style the grams are total weight not the weight of lead unlike english rods which go by 4-8 5-6 5-7oz etc they go 100-200gram that includes bait.swivels.hooks.and any other oddments you have on the line?

theres quite a few conti rods for that price like the sunsets for one
Guess your using with fixed spool

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if you want to cast 7oz forget the penn unless you like picking bits of rod up off the beach and like a 4-5 piece rod?

Look up Chukka on here has a Blackrock 15ft for £100 far better of to put the extra to that and have a real rod something with some balls but your not going to find many long rods casting 7oz not designed for that many long rods can punt 5oz a long way plus further than can with 7oz most long rods conti style the grams are total weight not the weight of lead unlike english rods which go by 4-8 5-6 5-7oz etc they go 100-200gram that includes bait.swivels.hooks.and any other oddments you have on the line?

theres quite a few conti rods for that price like the sunsets for one
Guess your using with fixed spool
yes i am useing a fixed spool the old bust rod was 100g-250g use 6oz the time unless i need more hold.
thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Hi,

With that budget, i really do think you would be better of with 2nd hand : much more choice for better quality ... one rod that comes to mind is the K2 team extreme titanium : comes in 14/15/16ft and will handle 7oz without issues ... was around 200 new, so should be able to find a good 2nd one for 100ish ... ;)

Gert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.