World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a daiwa slosh 20 a while ago and its just been collecting dust i have never used a multiplier before apart from 1 or 2 casts with this slosh on my fixed spool reel rod wasnt as bad as i thought

now im looking for an half decant rod that will take my slosh reel preferabley one with a skinny diameter butt and shrink wrapped are they any decant ones that can be had for say £50-60 or less even i have been using fladen rods and they are absoloutley sh*t fell apart caught a good few fish on them and they have more than served there puropse

so has anyone any idea's?
i would have a good condition secondhand rod...

·
Registered
845 Posts
I second Charlo. Great rod the 14ft(£99) has a slightly stiffer tip than the 13ft. I own 2 and a Force 8 from TFG. The force 8 is a little bit stiffer but is a progressive rod. Rods are good for clean to mixed ground but i have used them from rough, kelpy ground with no problem. Will cope with 99% of the fishing around the UK. Good all rounder. My other rods stay in the cupboard gathering dust since i bought these. I use a sl20sh with a Blakdog mag conversion and Penn 525 super mag with the rods.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm looking for my second rod setup. I have a Slosh 30sha and a Sonik SK3 13ft. I want to put a bit more money into the pot for my second rod. So would I assume a good upgrade would be Penn 525 Super Mag with TFG Delta? I'm in the east of Scotland we only know it Rough so looking for a reel that is pretty easy to maintain and able to stand up to rough ground and a rod to match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts