World Sea Fishing Forums banner

need advice on what rod&reel for pier fishing

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  "Mature Student"! 
#1 ·
<font color='#000000'>i need an affordable reel and rod to take up pier fishing ( i only ever done freshwater fishing before) .can anyone give me any ercomendations. &#036;150 would be roughly what i have to spend.</font>

#2 ·
<font color='#000080'>I use my standard beach casting gear off the local piers, but some of my mates use uptide rods because they are able to cast decent weights and are shorter and easier to handle on a pier(I&#39;ve never found this a problem). As for which make of rod & reel, there are loads of combo&#39;s out there for £150, I like Diawa stuff but get a magazine or read some on line articles/reviews see what takes yer fancy.

Tight lines
Ekyone</font>

G
#3 ·
<font color='#000000'>Off the pier anything goes. You don&#39;t really need to cast as your already among the fish. Your fresh water gear may do for good sport, unless you want to target bigger fish. I use an 8ft spinning rod and a boat rod, sometimes take a beach rod for extra distance.</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.