World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.... a couple of us are looking to fish the Island this Saturday. Looking for some advice on a couple of potential venues.... I wondered if anyone had recently fished Llanddona beach, Penmon point or even the beach below Fedw Fawr Dive site car park ( don't know if it has a name?).... it looks "fishy"
Thanks guys and tight lines wherever you fish this weekend.
Regards Geordie.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hi there,
If your sticking to doing the East side to be out of the wind then I'd only bother with somewhere with a bit of depth like Traeth Gwyn off the rocks this weekend.

Reactions: dr4g0n72

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys.... just getting ready to set off ... males first then to the mark..... fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys.... just getting ready to set off ... males first then to the mark..... fingers crossed :)
How was the fishing?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey guys,
We had a great day on Saturday... could have been better had there been any fish around but it was an opportuninty to get a line wet at least and to try a new venue....

I took the advice given and went to Traeth Gwyn ( White beach)
Started with a nice breakfast at home in Crewe
20190216_063643.jpg

then picked my mate Dave up in Winsford.

We drove to Malcs' for some bait and to top up on Gemini links and swivels and such...
Next stop was a nice bacon and Sausage butty from a bakers in Beaumorris...
We got to the car park at the top of the cliffs around 10am and strapped our gear on, ready for the descent ( far easier going down than coming back up lol)
20190216_101706.jpg
20190216_101711.jpg

Wasn't sure if you meant left as you look at the beach from the sea or from the shore... we could see decent looking rocks on both sides so we took the plunge and went to the right ( looked easier access as I'm not exactly a young man anymore lol)
20190216_110319.jpg

Once on the mark I casted a half Macky fillet in on a large trace, hoping for a nice Huss... then passed the time by playing with my smaller rod, scratching to see if there was anything else around.... nada...zip....notin' you could say ...zilch.!!..

20190216_110327.jpg

Neither of my rods nor Dave's had so much as a nibble... even the crabs seemed to be having a day off
20190216_120043.jpg

All in all.... we may not have caught.... but it was our first blank in a long time so mustn't grumble.... the venue was well sheltered and access was easy... the trek to get back up the cliff stairs was challenging to say the least... I believe I learned how to breathe out of my.... well I don't think I need explain lol ...
I reckon this venue could be a goldmine... on the right day in the right conditions.. unfortunately... these weren't them.
Tight lines everyone.
Regards Geordie

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Top report there Geordie, thanks for letting us know how you got on :thumbsup:.

A shame you didn't catch anything but it looks like conditions were spot on and it sounds like you had a great day :cool2:.

Better luck next time :wink:.

Reactions: dr4g0n72

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Forget your fishing, you've really got it when it comes to eating! With a breaks like that, fishing would be a secondary pastime - and then a bacon sarny! Surprising nothing down the beach. Further round perhaps (to the South) there might be Wrasse but certainly doggies - very unusual.
Next time try the shore at St.Mary's in the Straits.

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
It does seem a bit strange that you didn't at least get a few whiting or dogs.

Try the second headland next time and I'm sure you'll catch something :wink:.

Whitebeach.jpg

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hey guys,
We had a great day on Saturday... could have been better had there been any fish around but it was an opportuninty to get a line wet at least and to try a new venue....

I took the advice given and went to Traeth Gwyn ( White beach)
Started with a nice breakfast at home in Crewe
View attachment 1153767
then picked my mate Dave up in Winsford.

We drove to Malcs' for some bait and to top up on Gemini links and swivels and such...
Next stop was a nice bacon and Sausage butty from a bakers in Beaumorris...
We got to the car park at the top of the cliffs around 10am and strapped our gear on, ready for the descent ( far easier going down than coming back up lol)
View attachment 1153769 View attachment 1153771
Wasn't sure if you meant left as you look at the beach from the sea or from the shore... we could see decent looking rocks on both sides so we took the plunge and went to the right ( looked easier access as I'm not exactly a young man anymore lol)
View attachment 1153773

Once on the mark I casted a half Macky fillet in on a large trace, hoping for a nice Huss... then passed the time by playing with my smaller rod, scratching to see if there was anything else around.... nada...zip....notin' you could say ...zilch.!!..

View attachment 1153775
Neither of my rods nor Dave's had so much as a nibble... even the crabs seemed to be having a day off
View attachment 1153777
All in all.... we may not have caught.... but it was our first blank in a long time so mustn't grumble.... the venue was well sheltered and access was easy... the trek to get back up the cliff stairs was challenging to say the least... I believe I learned how to breathe out of my.... well I don't think I need explain lol ...
I reckon this venue could be a goldmine... on the right day in the right conditions.. unfortunately... these weren't them.
Tight lines everyone.
Regards Geordie
Thanks for the update. Like Andy, I'm surprised a dogfish didn't come out but then we've all had sessions like that at some point. When you said you were going that side I knew it'd be calm with it blowing south westerly and with the smallish tides I thought a shallow venue would be the worst option, especially so in daylight, hence advising going off the rocks. At least being that side made for comfortable conditions and looks like you had decent weather for this time of year, so still looked like a nice day out in the end. Good luck for next time :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts