World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just stripped my engine SABB 10hp Diesel after taking it out the boat. Long and short is Bought boat as savlage to do up. Boat is easy part. Engine went under for 24hrs then boat left for 18 months or so. Piston rusted in , stripped engine to find I can now move piston but can't get it out. After Honing the bore to clean it a bit I noticed A crack 3/4 from bottom to top. My question is does anyone know of a Sabb dealer where I can get a replacement sleeve and new rings in the southwest area or futher afield. Rest of engine is in good order and it can be re-built I just need the sleeve and pistons.

Cheers

Kev

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate I will give them a bell Tuesday and as they are in Devon I may have a day out and pop to see them.

Kev

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Blxxxy Hell !!!!!!!!!

I phoned the Sabb dealer in Devon today to price up a new liner and rings.

I asked the bloke if he was having a laugh or just taking the p!ss. I was quoted £217.68 for the liner and £98.78 for a set of 4 rings.

Christ I said why are they so much? to which he replied thats just the price of them matey you want them or not, If you do we can get them here in a fortnight for you.

I said I would get back to him about it.

Luckily I have sourced an engine already if I needed one. Then has luck has it I was contaced by a guy down the road from our College workshop who has the same model as my Sabb. He said there are bits left over from it I can have as spares if I wish to have a look. Went down there and he has all the parts I need, piston with ring set, And the block with a good liner so I had that and other bits. Gave the chap some moneyfor them although he refused to take it so I asked what charity he would like to donate to and he then took it and was thanking me, although it was me who was thanking him for the parts.

Now I just need to take out the liner fit it in my block hone it in and fit the rest. So With the help of that chap I may just may have my boat in the water before the end of the season.

As the block I received from matey is no good along with some other bits decided to put it in our scrap pile so when we have enough and take it to the scappy I will put some cash in an envolope and put it through his door just to say thanks again.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Strange how things work out.Good luck with it,lets hope all goes ok.I have a saying it goes something like this. BOOAT. Take the 00 out of boat and add onto the price of the part.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ain't that the truth,

Once the engine has been re-built I am going to start on the boat itself. All I need to do is re-glass the keel bolt in a hardwood keel then a keel band. I have all but a fishfinder to wire in.
When I get time I will take some pics of the work needed. People have said to me that it will be a big job to do. It is if you don't know how to go about it, but as I do it can be done over a weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.