World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hellow , i"m new here and u have a great forum ,
sorry abuot my inglish , i am not local ,
a frend of mine bought me the team daiwa xs 139 pm surf rod , i need an advice about the reel that goes whith this rod , all the reels i have got are fixed spool
and this rod have no reel seat .
can i have a revew about this rod from someone that use it ?
any info will be gladly recived .
mike

·
Registered
462 Posts
a frend of mine bought me the team daiwa xs 139 pm surf rod , i need an advice about the reel that goes whith this rod , all the reels i have got are fixed spool
mike
were u from dude ?

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
mike
:) hello mike , the pm , is made for multiplyers , there should be two coasters on the butt , ( two metal strips wrapped around the butt with a tightening knob ) if you can get hold of a penn 525 mag or a daiwa slosh 20 ( multiplyer reels ) they should be perfect
cuberd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank's ,
the but section have no guides so the distance between the reel and the first guide is more than 100 cm , is it posibele to add a fugi reel seat to the but and work with a fixed spool reel ?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
hi, mike and welcome to the site. you could add a reel seat to it. its obviously designed and ring for a multi. you could still use a fixed spool with but the large diameter spools might slow you down through the smaller first eye. a medium sized reel will have a smaller spool giving smaller coils and still be good for distance, your other problem could be the distance to the first rig allowing the line to slap or wrap around the blank.
one siolution could be to temporarily tape a large ring on the but section. this would allow the use of a bigger reel as it will calm the coils and feed them through the following smaller rings.once your happy that the added ring works you could look to geting it fixed permenantly.

let us know how you get on as theres lots here using fixed spool reels with a similar problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts