World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not really for the purist and I'm not how practical it really is but I came accross a couple of guys on Friday morning whilst fishing and they were testing a couple of drones.
Got talking to them and it turns out that they are a small 'start up' (Israel is known as the Start up Nation) developing an autonomous drone for get your lure/bait out as far as 4 or 500m.
Have a look at their website - maybe it might be of use to someone (the bait guys fishing for amberjack already use drones) :
Fitch Casting Drone
http://gofitch.co

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
I thought of using drones to take pics of bass attacking lures on the surface

But

What if it falls out of the sky
And goes off with the current
Expensive drone gone
Expensive GoPro
Gone
Not worth it in my book I'm afraid

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
I think they look absolutely awesome.

To those who say 'they might drop in the water and float off' - yeah, they might. But a car might burst into flames, and you get in that. And planes fall from the sky, but you get in one of those, and book tickets for your whole families to come onboard with you?!

And, to the 'needs a fish finder/structure locator' - you don't have a fish finder on your current set up, do you?

Reaching a reef with a popper would be an awesome advantage.
Or, reaching the channels in an estuary.
And, it would allow you to access all those boat marks we wish we could, without the expense of actually buying, running and mooring a boat.

Sure, it might not be a purists idea of fishing, but it could revolutionise shore game if embraced?

If it folded up and slipped in a sling bag easily, I would be well up for having one.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought of using drones to take pics of bass attacking lures on the surface

But

What if it falls out of the sky
And goes off with the current
Expensive drone gone
Expensive GoPro
Gone
Not worth it in my book I'm afraid
Don't know about a camera (spoke to the guys on the beach and they had no plans to put a camera on it) but according to their website the thing floats and will take off from the water if it falls in.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Half the funs casting. Schoolie at 700meters, need one of those big pit carp things , not for me either, walloping lures great fun.
Never been in that situation where the fish hitting the baitfish are just 40m past your casting distance?

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
One of the most satisfying bits of lure fishing is just knowing you have made a good cast into exactly the right spot and the few turns of the reel before you get that take

1 - 15 of 15 Posts