World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

( im new so bare with me )

Im looking to buy an extra reel for my rod, the rod i have at thie minute is this one: http://tacklefrenzy.co.uk/sea_fishing_combos.htm its the 4th one down Hermes Beach Rod / Okuma Impact 90 £34.99 , Could you give me any advice on what extra reel to buy or even on ebay as you can buy them in bulk. also im after some lead weights you know the one with the legs on ( so i call them ) really looking for some 4,5,6 oz's

also need some clips to hook everything together. then i have my full kikt.

So any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum :)

You would do well to keep an eye on e-bay for a Shimano Biomaster if you plan to stick to fixed spool for a while... Total work-horses and with a retreive of around 1mtr of line per turn of the handle, really handy for rocky marks as your weight will skim for the last 30 or so meters with the rod-tip up,
saving snags and tackle loss ;)

i bought one that had never seen saltwater for 40 quid if thats within your budget, make shure you get the extra spools (3 in total) if you go for it so you an use heavy, braid, light or high vis.

also, have a look at the mitchell armada. another very smooth and powerful reel!

as for the weights (brakeaways), clips and all things shiney... visit your local tackle shop. you will get to know the staff and find out about local marks ect.
you also get to empty your wallet, with the odd free coffee and mickey take.

i would stick with good brand names (gemini ect) for clips or swivels and not be tempted by bulk bags off e-bay until you know what you are after.

line wise, i find diawa sensor to be cheap as chips and excellent strength. i use the orange surf and cant fault it!!

its all personal choice though.

h.t.h, al

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Steve im not new to fishing but like you im a member to WSF I bought a penn Surfmaster 750 off e-bay for £35. plus p&p brand new. as those shinny bits I agree with SMILEY. try Gary at Tri-Star at Barmston his barn is now fully stocked good luck to you and all WSF members LEVO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts